Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I know. I know. Enough!

I'm still reveling in seeing family and doing some things to make memories.  I will stop talking about it (until the next time someone comes to see us!!) after this post!!!  (maybe!)

The actress that plays the Mother Superior/Reverend Mother, in Leavenworth's Summer Theater Sound of Music production, is a woman named Susan and she is a school teacher.  She is a great actress and has a marvelous singing voice.  While she is a stranger to us in the real world, on this one night a year she becomes a friend.  She always watches for the girls and they for her.  They hug and are happy to see each other.  She always asks how their school year went.  How their grades are.  What career they are headed towards and just visits with them.  She cares enough about them that she has told others.  When I called to get our tickets, the box office gal asked if we'd seen the play before and I said...yes, we come each year.  my daughter and her girls come from Florida and this is a part of our summer.  She said...Are they twins?  Then she said that Susan had told her about their yearly reunion at the play.  We have been going since they were 5 and this year they are 15.

I want to get some pictures from Jeanee of when they were younger.  I did find this one and look how they've grown compared to this years picture!

We can all make a difference in a child's life.  We don't have to be family by relationship.  We can all be courteous and kind and interested in those we see at Church on Sunday.  This actress truly cares for my granddaughters and it's a wonderful thing to see.  That is only once a year.  Wow!  I can do something because I see a lot of children each Sunday all year long!!





No comments: