Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Mission Begins!!!

Today will be Lance's (oops!) I mean Elder Seljestad's first full day in the MTC.  Yesterday was spent flying cross country to get to SLC.  I'm just so excited about this whole adventure.  This is our first Grandchild to go on a Mission.  His Dad was the first (and only) Missionary from our convert family to go.  It offers such hope to me to see things settle in with the 3rd generation.  He will be the one that alters the course of our family and starts to enlarge our family activity in the Gospel.

I've been thinking about him and how much we have enjoyed him for his entire life and how kind and good he is to us and the love he expresses to us.  




He has a firm testimony and is ready to share.  I'm praying that he will be with other strong young men and enjoy his Mission and stay the course.  Some have tough missions.  I'd just as soon  his not be that way!   

Did you know that we can write him a note EVERY day while he's in the MTC?  that they will print it and put it in his mail box daily?   and also they will even send it to his email address if we check the box.  and...it's all free!  they put a limit of 7000 or so letters on it (shows how wordy some Granny's are!)  Plus you can send the same letter to multiple missionaries.  the Church is amazing in it's progress and embracing modern technology.  Take a peek at this site.  it's so interesting!
 

They say- "A fantastic way to write your LDS missionary serving in any LDS Mission."
http://www.dearelder.com/index/inc_name/mission_selection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am snail-pace sorting/dejunking one thing at a time.  Working on a 2nd drawer in the file cabinet.  Found an old empty tea bag paper.  well, not really a tea bag paper but an individual empty packet for a tea bag size of  Martinellis Mulling Spices.  I'm no longer a tea drinker (I gave that up at Baptism) and am not a fan of herb teas but about 11 or so years ago I tasted the most delicious warm drink ever.  You take 1 cup of Apple Juice or Cider, heat to almost boiling and pour it over the bag of mulling spices.  Let it steep for 5 minutes  It was so good that I asked for the wrapper as the hostess, my youngest DIL, had no more and said she thought she'd bought it at a grocery store.  It was the Thanksgiving holiday season and they had all sorts of goodies out in store aisles but not this brand or type.  I called around and no one had heard of it.  Obviously 11 years ago I was more clueless than even now and didn't know what www.martinellis.com even meant.  Today, being modern , well somewhat modern, I checked it out and FOUND it!!  Yes!  I will order it!!  We can have a cup together!


 Martinelli's Organic Mulling Spices are a tea bag version of a special blend of fruit peels and spices for flavoring hot apple cider or juice. Each pack contains 4 boxes of 20 count mulling spice bags for a total of 80 count.

No comments: