Monday, April 30, 2012

The Thaw

Sunday Sacrament talks were just great!  Two wonderful women, sister-in-laws, spoke on a subject that is always in need of being addressed...not judging, faultfinding and all those humanoid traits, that are as natural as breathing, if not focused on.  They each approached it from a different vantage point but no matter how you cut the mustard, or how seldom we do it or if it's a regular habit...it boils down to Elder Uchdorft's, now famous, 2 word sermon--
STOP IT!!

There were lots of beautiful scriptures used and inspired conference talks and personal experiences shared so it was a heartfelt sincere inspiring meeting.

Sometimes people seem to feel it's their right/responsibility to point out weaknesses in others.  I think that Ether 12:27-28 lets us know that the Lord will tell us our 
weaknesses...I will show unto them their weakness....  That pretty much sums it up!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While reading the Book of Mormon I've really noticed how hard hearts can get us in a lot of trouble.  Hard hearts can lead us to loss of Spirit and that can lead to personal apostasy and perhaps we will not endure to the end.  The last week or so I was facing a longtime family situation that scared me because I felt, in that instance, that my heart was a bit frosty in feeling.  I know that is the precursor to ice if a thaw doesn't occur.  

Feeling my heart break, in a way, broke that ice, made me vulnerable, made me feel helpless, dependent on the Lord and ended with nice, soft, warm, tender feelings.  True, in process, I did feel totally wiped out but a beautiful Priesthood blessing, 2 Temple sessions, a son that is loving in his logic, a husband with his confidence in me, a friend I could sit and weep with & receive blessed encouragement/compassion/understanding, and you! (Yes, you, the blog reader that contacted me with concern) all combined with my fervent prayers to bring me to a place of resolute action.  

When a situation has gone on for years it is very hard to face the truth.  The truth in this instance is...there is in my immediate family someone that doesn't always think soundly and I am the recipient of being blamed for their lot in life.  It's important that I keep a sound mind in spite of that fact.  Personal guidance and comfort washed over me, as a blessing, from this sweet beautiful scripture.....

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  (2 Tim. 1:7)

Our prayers are heard and answered and in our dire need, we are not left to flounder and suffer, beyond our capacity to bear.  I appreciate Heavenly help with all of my heart, which at present time is soft!!!


No comments: