Monday, April 23, 2012

Observing Mothering

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous!!  Sunday was so inviting to just sit and relax.  I loved it.

My first dental appointment is this morning!!  just for some one-surface fillings and I'm such a namby-pamby that I'm taking Rx for it.  Talk about a chicken!!!  Terry can't stop laughing.  Getting up my courage for the super gross- oral surgery a little further down the road!!!!  spare me.  just conk me out.  do the dirty work. get me into the car and home and on my bed.  shut the door and let me heal.  Oh, yes...the one itty-bitty missing detail.  I've not yet got courage to make the appointment!!!  I've admitted before that I'm super coward in the barbarity arena!!! 

In RS I saw the sweetest thing in the world.  Shannon came in with her 1 year old Brooklyn nestled sleeping in her arms.  This is the 6th baby in her family and Brooklyn is a dolly for sure.  I sat behind Shannon and to her left and had a perfect view of her.  Her hair was pulled back and she looked so beautiful.  My vantage point was like a personal private glimpse but I couldn't stop staring.  It made me tear up.  She was stroking Brooklyn, and softly unwinding blond tendrils, and gazing at her, and kissing her, and just relishing every single solitary moment.  

You could feel the love she had for her baby.  Just like she wanted to inhale her.  Brooklyn's arm was hanging down beside her Mommy on the chair.  Shannon reached behind her back and found Brooklyn's hand and gently held it and stroked those pudgy little fingers.  You could sense she was making sure she was comfortable.  Her hand behind her back holding Brooklyn's hand was breathtaking and I so wished I had a camera.  Sherry sat right next to me and she was watching also.  She and I looked at each other and said...."camera".  Then Brooklyn woke up and slowly the still-life became alive again.

It's around Mother's day.  A hard time for me sometimes as I remember those times in my life,  like Shannon had today and I miss those adorable beautiful little babies/toddlers that are now full grown adults.  I remember the magic of holding them and loving on them.  They took my breath away sometimes.   I like what my beautiful daughter said after she had her twin girls.....I knew I would love them but I didn't know I would fall in love with them.

No comments: