Friday, April 20, 2012

Wonderful!!!!!

 Gaining a testimony that the heavens are not closed not only gave me a belief in our current prophets but also made me realize and confirmed that this really is the "true" Church.  For those men, of intellect and success, to walk away from all they had worked for career-wise and devote the rest of their mortal lives to service in the Church...The Church is true!  It's so New Testament!!

And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
(Matthew 4:18-22)

And this is the ensample unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost.
And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord and the power of God unto salvation. (D&C 68:3)

What I the Lord have spoken I have spoken, and I excuse not myself;  and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.  (D&C 1:38) 

No comments: