Thursday, May 19, 2011

There is always hope...

                                 There has to be hope!!  Always!  
                                We have to endure our trials head-on! 
                     
                          Here is a favored quote that means a lot to me
                                  by Elder B.H. Roberts (1857-1933)

"...those who have to contend with difficulties,
brave dangers, endure disappointments,
struggle with sorrows, eat the bread of adversity
and drink the water of affliction,
develop a moral and spiritual strength,
together with a purity of life and character,
unknown to the heirs of ease, and wealth and pleasure."

Cindy, a friend in Kansas, is working to overcome the damage a recent stroke left behind.  She is working hard to walk and regain as much of everything that she had before the stroke.  It's hard work.  I wanted to have something that she could quickly refer to when she needs a quick uplift in her hope factor.  This is a short list that is quick to scan and hopefully will help her press on.  I received it from Joan.  Thanks, Joan!  It would be neat to add Book of Mormon verses with the Bible verses but I'm not going to take time right now and do that.  This is done and I really want her to have it now.  Keep the faith, Cindy!!  You can do it!



YOU SAY
GOD SAYS
BIBLE VERSES
You say: 'It's impossible'
God says: All things are possible
( Luke 18:27)
You say: 'I'm too tired'
God says: I will give you rest
( Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: 'Nobody really loves me'
God says: I love you
( John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
You say: 'I can't go on'
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: 'I can't figure things out'
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)
You say: 'I can't do it'
God says: You can do all things
( Philippians 4:13)
You say: 'I'm not able'
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: 'It's not worth it'
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )
You say: 'I can't forgive myself'
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: 'I can't manage'
God says: I will supply all your needs
( Philippians 4:19)
You say: 'I'm afraid'
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
( II Timothy 1:7)
You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated'
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
You say: 'I'm not smart enough'
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: 'I feel all alone'
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

No comments: