Sunday, May 15, 2011

In regard to Celise' note

Celise...this was mentioned by Pres. Monson at this April's Gen. Conf. Perhaps you've seen it, as our Conf. issue of the Ensign finally arrived!, but it's back in on page 93 so I'll share it here... from The Holy Temple-a Beacon to the World

To you parents of young children, may I share with you some sage advice from President Spencer W. Kimball. Said he: “It would be a fine thing if … parents would have in every bedroom in their house a picture of the temple so [their children] from the time [they are] infant[s] could look at the picture every day [until] it becomes a part of [their lives]. When [they reach] the age that [they need] to make [the] very important decision [concerning going to the temple], it will have already been made.”


Our children sing in Primary:
I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.

I plead with you to teach your children of the temple’s importance.

                                                    ---by President Monson

(President Kimball first mentioned this in 1976 and then it was in the Ensign in 1979 and now here it is for a new generation of parents in 2011.)
******************************

Did you know that Liz Lemon Swindell is Kathryn's niece? her paintings are amazing! there are so many incredible LDS artists now, aren't there? Walter Rane. Greg Olson. and Del Parson?...the one who drew the Red Robed Christ. years ago the rumor mill was a-swirl with chatter about this was what the Savior actually looked like etc. I heard a sacrament talk on the story and then I heard an entire RS lesson on the story. I was teaching early morning Seminary at the time and we'd received a list of stories circulating that had no merit, weren't true, weren't to be taught etc. etc. The red robed Christ made the list. So I sat there listening and knowing that and never said a word afterwards or ever! Sometimes I just don't know the correct course of action!! Now there you go, I told you!

No comments: