Thursday, February 2, 2017

Blue Skies

Life has been a bit rocky here.  Terry's health challenges make for an unsettling time emotionally for me.  Not all the time but some of the time.  Today he has a Dr. appointment and things will level out.  I find when our house becomes a house boat and the waters seem rough that I retreat to my co-dependent self.  Filled with all things negative... self doubt and insecurities and faultfinding and harsh judgment and meaningless guilt. Hiding away and figuring out- what is an appropriate meal for a possible PityParty that is looming like a dark cloud?

 In that frame of mind, I left the house to go pick up a Rx for Terry.  I saw blue skies!  A very large patch and truly it lifted my emotions.  Yes, there were still lots of the overcast grey/white cloud cover but blue was spattered around.  There was a large feather plume of muted white and the outside edge was ragged with blueness moving in. It was the promise of hope.  A reminder that God's in His heaven, all's right with the world. (Browning)  I always change that to my world and not the world.

Thinking back to Alaska's overcast skies, I told Terry that I thought I was having a bout of SAD, which impacts so many with lack of blue skies/sunshine.  I know I've mentioned that before but yesterday I really felt so down and out and gloomy.  A part of life preparation is to take out my personalized First Aid emotional survival kit and apply what works for me.  #1- a Priesthood blessing!  so comforting and reassuring.

Along with those Alaskan memories, I had a flashback to early mornings when I was a girl.  My parents would be up early.  I would smell coffee brewing.  Hear the muted voices of my parents.  Faintly I would also hear the radio playing music.  Yesterday I remembered this song and sang my blues away driving down the road!!!

I think it was Bing Crosby that sang it at that time.

Not all of the words came back to me so I came home and looked it up and then I could sing it all.

Hope you enjoy it!

Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see
Bluebirds singin' a song
Nothin' but bluebirds all day long
Never saw the sun shinin' so bright
Never saw things goin' so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on
Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see

Never saw the sun shinin' so bright
Never saw things goin' so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on

****************************

That blue sky reminded me of last years Pantone Color- Serenity.  Time to change things up color wise!  I'm always curious about the influence companies have on what is considered the latest.  So if you used last years Pantone colors (two for the first time ever!) then it's time to paint over Serenity (baby blue) & Rose Quartz (baby pink) and put on Greenery!!

Quote from the New York Times here

Yet if you believe the team at the Pantone Color Institute, which calls itself the “global color authority,” green will be everywhere in 2017. Not just any old green, of course: Pantone 15-0343, colloquially known as greenery, which is to say a “yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring.”
Photo
“Greenery,” which is Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2017. (It’s also known as Pantone 15-0343.)

That is, the Color of the Year for 2017.
*************************
You were wondering about this... weren't you?  Now you know!

It would be so marvelous to have life be so easy change wise, if all we needed to do is change colors.  Perhaps mood altering is a subtle change of colors??

No comments: