Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Back in Time...

Not trying to be maudlin or the likes....Terry had a really rough tough day pain wise and it hurt me soul deep as there was not one single thing I could do to help alleviate his suffering.  He is not in pain all the time but when it happens it's rough.

I came back to post about repentance (as I said I would) and peeked at Facebook and was taken back to our teen years and all the fun we had and all the dancing we did when I listened to a very familiar song played by two Cherokee Indians.  We loved the song Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers. They had such a great sound. It was dreamy and soft and yet powerful and had a great rhythm. It was so romantic to two Seniors in high school.  In my vivid imagination it was as if everyone else just disappeared and it was just the two of us on the dance floor.  Passionately in love at that young age.

The 50's were so great and memories of he and I washed over me and I cried.

I went into his man-cave (actually it's the pink bedroom where Jeanee and girls always stay) and tearfully told him about hearing the song.  He said...We'll be like that again someday. Evidently he believes there will be dancing in the Kingdom?  Anyhow...we reminisced about how thankful we are for each other and how we love each other and how it seems unreal to think we have been together almost 60 years!!  How can that be?  Did I do the math right?  Yes.  Yes, I did!

This is not the Righteous Brothers rendition but it is beautiful and what started the waterworks with me.  Tears though seem very healing and therapeutic and a tension reliever when they are brought on by sentimental memories.  

I hope you enjoy this!!  here 



No comments: