Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Day late-Valentines!

Happy belated Valentines Day!  Enjoying having Jeanee here so much!!  When she arrived it was snowing and everything was totally covered in white.  Gorgeous!  Reminded her of Alaska and staying warm by the fireplace!  She was a heat seeker.  Her brothers would harrass her when she sat on the heat vent, pulled her flannel nightgown over her drawn-up knees and enjoyed the big bubble of warm air that she created.

Here is todays heat seeker!


Blurry!--sorry!

Valentines Day around here was low key but sweet...with chocolates and a lunch with two friends that know Jeanee and the arrival of a new stove!  I'm blaming the old stove for my epic failures in cooking for the last long while!  Today will hopefully prove me right and validate the purchase!

Terry felt bad that he'd not gone to the store and bought me a Valentine so the day was also about 'fessing up.  I tried to make him feel better by sharing that I didn't go buy his card...it was the same card that I've given him for the last several years!  I don't seal it...just save it and it's truly my gift that keeps on giving! He never remembers it from year to year and really, after being together for what seems a million years, it's just fine to do that in my book!

Yesterday I had a super surprise.  A knock on the door and there stood a friend holding a balloon.

 I was stunned and super happy.  She is battling cancer (and winning!) and there she stood!...sharing love and giving her all!  It was such a happy time for me on so many counts.  She is one that I was pummeling myself for not doing things to help her...not weathering the snow and visiting her and just feeling like such a lousy friend in action (although I was not lacking in the love and concern department).  Maybe the weather and the regrouping on exercise etc. sort of aggravated me being Co-D?  Anyhow...just saying that her visiting and feeling her love and appreciation/acceptance of me, just being me, was ample in her eyes- made my heart feel thankful and happy.  She was thankful for our prayers and wanted to share that with us.  It was a great reminder lesson, of just doing what we can in the best way we can.  And that reminds me...I'm still so eager to share about Grace.  Most likely that will be after Jeanee leaves (the 22nd).

Have a wonderful day!

(all sorts of new readers today!  have no idea how that happens but welcome to my blog!)






No comments: