Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Getting ready...

It was a strange sensation to not have access to my computer the last week or so.  I knew I appreciated and enjoyed it but had no idea how many times I looked things up on it or how much I enjoyed reading articles or looking at stories featured in the New York Times or checked out Church things including lesson prep for my Laurels and to not be able to blog or email or check pictures on FB...I missed it all!!

I did watch lots of the Pope's visit.  Not because my computer was down but simply because I was so curious as to how it all would go.  What a kind man and what a lot of energy he has!!  It was interesting to me to see how the formality of roles played out in their Mass.  If all of the Catholics will follow his advise...the world will be a better place in many respects.

As I watched all of the attention and publicity and news coverage of this very nice man and how revered he is, I couldn't help but think of the simplicity of our beautiful religion and how we love and pray for our General Leaders but we realize they are humans.  Humans called to do a Godly deed.  Humans with personal individual witnesses of the reality of Jesus Christ and of His Resurrection.  Humans willing to devote the remainder of their mortal lives to repeatedly teaching about the Savior and inspired in revelatory fashion to lead us in the will of God.

I am praying for all of them as this momentous General Conference approaches and looking forward with anticipation to see if all 3 vacancies will be filled.  Ever wonder how that comes about???  read about it here

and this one also about calling more than one Apostle at a time.  so interesting!  here

Elder Scott was such a powerful influence in my life as he shared so openly what he had learned.  Didn't you feel that also?  I will miss him so much at this Conference.

*******************************************

We watch General Conference at home and love every single minute of it!  Some watch it at the Church but we enjoy being here.  There are all sorts of things that people do to prepare for making the most of Conference.  such as this.  I think one real bonus of General Conference is getting  answers for your own personal life.  Answers/direction from inspired leaders that are just for you.  amazing!   Listen to the talks but also listen to what pops into your mind while the talk is being given.  Many times that is how the answer will come. (that is what I've learned from past speakers at past conferences like Elder Scott)  Write your question down.  I have my main question but it's in my head and not yet written down but it will be!  Watch this short video "If we Teach"- about answers to questions....   here

No comments: