Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Illumination


Hebrews 10:32:
But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great afight of afflictions;...

I remember the first time I read this scripture and felt it was a pattern for things that happened in my life.  I would feel really positive about something that was going to unfold and become a reality, and then things would gunnysack.  

Eventually the positive event/situation/happening/project would occur, just as I had originally felt that it would, BUT it was after a lot of struggling aka afflictions.  That positive feeling of the eventual outcome, earlier seen/felt, would indeed happen but not on an immediate time table...not at the moment of that awareness but it would eventually happen.  

I have learned that there is an illumination  followed by struggles, followed by the reality of the first brightness of hope in that earlier illumination, and that gives me faith and hope to carry on and endure to the end.

That has happened to me in lots of situations/incidents in my life.  I find it familiar and comfortable because I know if I just hang on, endure to the end of a siege of struggles/afflictions, that things will end up okay.  The earlier illumination will become my own reality.  I will recognize that brightness and the Spiritual power source.  A full circle.


also from Hebrews 10:35 &36
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
 36 For ye have need of apatience, that, after ye have done the bwill of God, ye might receive the cpromise.
and also....Doctrine and Covenants 58:4 & 5
For after much atribulation come the bblessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be ccrowned with much dglory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.
 Remember this, which I tell you before, that you mayalay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(so many talks about marriage being between a man and a woman!  My friend Mariah, and her wife, had a tough time listening to General Conference.)

No comments: