Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gratitude fills my heart....




I knew I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and I also knew that Terry had just gone through a few really rough days.  Sunday I was sitting in Church, without Terry, and my friends -Joyce and Chelle- came and sat with me.  My friend Carol sat behind me.  Sweet Sherry was on my left at the end of the pew.

There was something about the music or just being in Church with people that I know and love...I'm not sure what it was but I really felt so lonely for Terry.  Then the tears started rolling.  I've not cried in a long time.  Especially in Church.  I thought they'd never stop rolling but eventually they did.

Tears are so therapeutic, don't you think?  tears are cleansing and refreshing on so many levels.  it felt good to just let go!  I tried to do it without noise!

I thought and I wondered how things were ever going to work out with him feeling really good again.  I also wondered how will I ever have enough oomph to do stuff that he keeps feeling he will do tomorrow...stuff that may wind up on his to do list but never gets crossed off.  It just keeps stacking up.  AND...he doesn't want help and he doesn't want to hire someone and he's not eager for me to pick up the slack.

He had mowed the yard.  I was happy for both of us that he had the oomph to do that feat!

Today a pack of angels came, invisible until I saw a nearly out of sight car out front, opened the door and saw a beautiful sight...weeds being pulled!  lots had already been done!  most touching was a darling little child that had told her Mommy that she wanted to pull the weeds in our yard!  Honestly, how can a nearly 5 year old, be compassionate?  So wanting to surprise me-- she told her Mother not to rake as I'd hear the noise and know they were working on the yard.

It ended up with the Dad and a son coming over and they just tore through things so fast that I was amazed...pulling the weeds and raking and shoveling the curb and blowing the driveway and the porch and edging the lawn and it was sheer magic!!  And even did edging for our son!

I had no idea that the entire yard project was so stressful to me.  Just the thought was stressful.  When they finished, I felt like a huge weight was lifted.  Terry and I have talked about it and how elevating the entire gift was.  He feels like he can keep it up. (I hope he can as he wants to do it on his own)

I experienced love in action today.  It touched me on a very deep level and I'm thankful for people that care and see something that obviously needs tending and they do it!  I know they will be blessed!

No comments: