Monday, August 18, 2014

Inching along!!!...but thankful for it!

My husband is such a sweetie-pie.  He cannot go to the Temple right now, and hasn't been for some time, because of his poor balance.  This is where he earns the Sweetie-Pie of the Year Award...he encourages me to go weekly.  He wants me to go.  He likes me to go.  He says he is blessed/We are blessed when I go.  He thanks me for going...actually expresses appreciation right out loud.  I think that is pretty incredible, don't you?

He has no guilt card that he plays in making me feel bad to go without him or me fussing over something that I didn't get done around here.  He asks me...What day are you going to the Temple this week?

I don't know about all older men, but my older man is my superman!!

In trying to be less selfish (as I just love Temple going in an empty car and praying/singing/silence and thoroughly enjoying myself) I'm going to invite someone to go with me every other time!  Withhold any judgement and try not to be to disgusted with my self-centeredness!  I'm seeking life balance and I have a lot on my plate with our NewNorm so sometimes I just need sorting out time...all alone. 

My testimony of peace/personal revelation and all of the good things, ever mentioned about the worth of Temple Worship, are an integral part of my Gospel Truths that I Believe to be True.

Last week, I was perplexed, and unsure.  Unsure and uncertain as to what to even pray for.  Puzzled as to what to ask for.  I ended up just praying for a bit, humming for a bit, and just being still and waiting for direction.  The one bit of direction that came to me, and I thought it was quick (you know that blessings can come in anytime after a Temple visit) was just a redirection of where to put my time and energies.  It was so welcome, so needed and I was so blessed and am so thankful.

Some time ago I saved the following quotes for you to enjoy.  Now I'm thinking...are these all from one source???  Paragraphs from one talk by Elder Packer??--I'm thinking so.  Getting ready for our Kansas trip and I'm to lazy to research them but I hope you enjoy them anyhow!!  they are true!  LOVE the one about dust of distraction!! (the last paragraph)  Actually I enjoy every single word!!
**************************

the fog and the haze seem to lift, and we can “see” things that we were not able to see before and find a way through our troubles that we had not previously known.

Temples are the very center of the spiritual strength of the Church. We should expect that the adversary will try to interfere with us as a Church and with us individually as we seek to participate in this sacred and inspired work. Temple work brings so much resistance because it is the source of so much spiritual power to the Latter-day Saints and to the entire Church.
At the Logan Utah Temple cornerstone dedication, President George Q. Cannon, then of the First Presidency, made this statement:
“Every foundation stone that is laid for a Temple, and every Temple completed according to the order the Lord has revealed for his holy Priesthood, lessens the power of Satan on the earth, and increases the power of God and Godliness, moves the heavens in mighty power in our behalf, invokes and calls down upon us the blessings of the Eternal Gods, and those who reside in their presence” (in “The Logan Temple,” Millennial Star, Nov. 12, 1877, 743).
When members of the Church are troubled or when crucial decisions weigh heavily upon their minds, it is a common thing for them to go to the temple. It is a good place to take our cares. In the temple we can receive spiritual perspective.
The Lord will bless us as we attend to the sacred ordinance work of the temples. Blessings there will not be limited to our temple service. We will be blessed in all of our affairs. 
President Packer continues, “When members of the Church are troubled or when crucial decisions weigh heavily upon their minds, it is a common thing for them to go to the temple. It is a good place to take our cares. In the temple we can receive spiritual perspective There, during the time of the temple service, we are “out of the world.” Sometimes our minds are so beset with problems and there are so many things clamoring for attention at once that we just cannot think clearly and see clearly. At the temple the dust of distraction seems to settle out, the fog and the haze seem to lift, and we can ‘see’ things that we were not able to see before and find a way through our troubles that we had not previously known”      (“The Holy Temple,” Ensign or Liahona, Oct. 2010, 35).

No comments: