Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Calmness feels so good!!!

Tuesday night was BookClub and I finally got to go!  I enjoy the women and hearing their take on whatever the read is.  tonight it was To Kill a Mockingbird.   I really enjoyed the book.  I've not read it in years and years and had a much different take than all those years ago.

My life is starting to settle in and I'm seeing how to handle it and for that I'm so thankful!!  I can feel some direction and I know my Temple trip blessings are starting to roll in and I'm so appreciative of thoughts and feelings that are coming to me. 

Still in immersion mode on scripture study and I really like this quote by Elder Bednar.  He was President at BYU-I and also serving as a Seventy.  You will enjoy the entire talk,  here is a snippet....

 "Brothers and sisters, those are the four basic principles I have learned about receiving, recognizing, and responding to the promptings of the Holy Ghost: (1) desire, (2) invite, (3) heed simple promptings, and (4) heed promptings quickly. If you and I have a sincere desire for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, invite His influence into our lives through our obedience and actions, and learn to heed simple promptings and to do so quickly, then I testify and promise that we will be able to tell the difference between our own emotions telling us what we want to hear and the Holy Ghost telling us what we need to hear."

(“Receiving, Recognizing, and Responding to the Promptings of the Holy Ghost,” [Brigham Young University–Idaho devotional, Aug. 31, 1999]; byui.edu)

No comments: