Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Enjoy this promised gift!

My thoughts are with those trying to figure out teaching their children the Gospel.  I have a gift for you today.  A promise from an Apostle!!  I watch for promises from specific acts of obedience because it gives me confidence and faith.  I cling to promises as I know words spoken by Apostles are inspired and for my direction.

The days of having children in my home are long gone but they are still my children!  I have grandchildren, young friends in the Church and now I have my Laurels!  and I have you!  Don't we try to strengthen each other in our Gospel walk?

In 2007 Elder Bednar talked about "three Holy habits"---
(David A. Bednar, “Watching with All Perseverance,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2007, 40–43)

Component Number One: Reading and Talking about the Book of Mormon 
Component Number Two: Bearing Testimony Spontaneously
Component Number Three: Inviting Children to Act

(here is his promise and testimony!)


Promise and Testimony

I bear witness that parents who consistently read and talk about the Book of Mormon with their children, who share testimony spontaneously with their children, and who invite children as gospel learners to act and not merely be acted upon will be blessed with eyes that can see afar off (see Moses 6:27) and with ears that can hear the sound of the trumpet (see Ezekiel 33:2–16). The spiritual discernment and inspiration you will receive from the combination of these three holy habits will enable you to stand as watchmen on the tower for your families—”watching … with all perseverance” (Ephesians 6:18)—to the blessing of your immediate family and your future posterity. I so promise and testify in the sacred name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

I hope you enjoy just the thought of these promised blessings and will feel motivated to claim these blessings.  What a promise!!! 

PS-
(he also talked about the meaning of the root word plain.  Love this explanation!)

The convincing and converting powers of the Book of Mormon come from both a central focus upon the Lord Jesus Christ and the inspired plainness and clarity of its teachings. Nephi declared, “My soul delighteth in plainness unto my people, that they may learn” (2 Nephi 25:4). The root word plain in this verse does not refer to things that are ordinary or simple; rather, it denotes instruction that is clear and easily understood.

No comments: