Thursday, August 21, 2014

Getting aligned. somewhat.

You know I like to go to the Temple weekly.  I strive to arrive.  You also know that I love solitude in travel to the Temple.  I recently decided to take someone every other time with me.  This week was my take a friend week.

I want to share how good the Lord is when we try to do what is right.  I always have an immense amount of soul tweaking that needs to be done.  I also have lots of flaws to be mended.  I feel I've been so busy keeping the home fires burning, in figuring out dealing with our NewNorm, that I've not really done good in the area of service...including VT.  So I'm always seeking answers and guidance and various things for resolution and solution from my Temple session.  I took those same desires with me this time.  Again.  As always.

This week I was sitting on the couch in the foyer, visiting before the session, & my heart was so tender towards my friend.  I just loved her so much and was so glad we were together at the Temple.

The session was well underway and I heard in my mind...always take people with you.  I felt it in my heart as my soul filled with joy.  prepare yourself at home before you go for worship and don't go alone.  I was so happy.  so surprised.  so thankful.  I said within ...How wonderful!  I will do this!!  I could see quiet time at home in preparing to go.  Maybe even on Sunday preparing for the upcoming week of when I would attend.  It just seemed exciting to me to think about.  I could take the sisters that I VT.  I could take friends.  I could render service and feel better about giving and helping others.

I know this is personal and I waited a day to decide to share but I decided I wanted to.  and I did.  A really special thing was the feeling I had that can best be described as pulling a cork out and releasing a wonderful healing elixir that just warmed and covered me and felt absolutely comfy and snugly.  it felt so light and fantastic and it was like releasing something that was jammed and held back, and it suddenly was free flowing.  I felt that I had just moved ahead with a great change, that was unexpected in the way it happened, and yet had been asked for over and over.  I hope that makes sense. I inched ahead but it was a milestone!!

That sweet tenderness of feeling, that gentle comfort, still hovers and I will enjoy each moment that it stays.  I'm hoping it won't be a quick fade.  I'm breathing it in and savoring the feeling.

I read this quote and felt I really understood what he was saying...

  Elder David A. Bednar taught that change “does not occur quickly or all at once; it is an ongoing process—not a single event. Line upon line and precept upon precept, gradually and almost imperceptibly, our motives, our thoughts, our words, and our deeds become aligned with the will of God. This phase of the transformation process requires time, persistence, and patience” (“Ye Must Be Born Again,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2007, 21)

No comments: