Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Home today????


2 years ago this month, August.  First Sunday of the month.  Fast Sunday.  Our son Greg and our grandson, Lance came to visit us from Kansas....a couple of weeks before he left on his mission to Las Vegas.  He had his new missionary suit with him and we got this picture of Grandpa and Grandson after Church.  Not the best in the world focus wise but you see and feel the love, joy and enjoyment of being together.

Terry Seljestad

*******************************************
I asked him to serve to the end and not come home early.  He asked us to not die while he was gone.  Covering all bases!  He served to the end and we are still earth bound.  No early departures for any of us!  Last Monday he sent his last letter.....

Hey guys, 


Well life is good.  They took our car for the last week.  :) That stinks but oh well its only 1 week, and the weather looks great.  This week we have taught some 1st lessons and we had an investigator at church.  It was great.  We taught this lady named Sherri.  She is from Arkansas with a sweet accent.  She was very interested and she told she would be at church and she actually went.  I have just enjoyed this last part of my mission.  We don't have any set things to do so we just walk and talk to everyone we see.  It is great.  I love talking to people.  I feel like time is running out and if I get any slight prompting I go get them lol.  Yesterday I ran over to catch a guy on his bike we talked for like 25 min and gave him a pamphlet and left. 



Well lots of mixed emotions.  We live 4 miles out of our area.  So we get rides as much as we can.  I am happy.  It will be sad to leave but 2 years is pretty tiring.  I have seen some of the people I have worked with in the last 2 years.  The Lord has blessed me to work with people that have changed their life.  Danielle who got sealed is pregnant with a baby boy.  That is exciting.  It is just cool.  It feels good to see the impact I was able to be a part of in peoples life.



Well I love you all, I am hoping to leave a bunch of stuff behind.  My clothes are just destroyed.  My shirts are almost see through and I have different socks now.  I am leaving all of my shoes except for the ones I wear.  So I think I will have like 2 pants, a suit, 3 shirts, and some socks.  



Love you guys ,



Elder Seljestad 

**********************************************
Monday, yesterday, we get this note from Greg?  Lorrie?....

I just got an interesting phone call from Lance.  Unfortunately, an missionary who was companions with Lance's current companion ( Elder Herlin) before the last transfer, had bed bugs and the mission home is concerned that Elder Herlin may have brought bugs or eggs with him to Lance's apartment.  So they are sending a bed bug sniffing dog over there tomorrow and "bombing" the apartment or whatever they do to get rid of bed bugs.  What that all means is that he won't be able to come home until Thursday.  Bummer....
**************************************************************
Our son is a trickster/prankster and I'm thinking this is a joke!  I'm thinking Greg will privately pick Lance up today at the airport and take him home and surprise the family!  I've called them on it and they hold fast to their story!  My granddaughter, Britta, even told me it was true.  I'm just not buying it!!  come on!!..a bed bug sniffing dog????
I don't know the rest of the story BUT when I do...I'll share it!  bed bug sniffing dog.  oh, yes, that rings true!!  Uh-huh.

**************************************

okay.  so now I'm repenting.  I posted all of the above and I just now got this from Greg. (Way down deep inside, I'm still a doubting Thomas, if the truth be known!)

Sadly no joke.  He returns Thursday or Friday depending on if they find
bed bugs or not.  He said 22 sets of missionaries are quarantined and
cannot visit investigators or members (or go home).  He called last night
with permission to call.  All of us talked to him.  He said it is tough.
He looks at his packed suitcase.  The good members are dropping food off
for them.  He and his companion were scheduled to fly home today.  There
are four missionaries in their apartment and they are all stir crazy it
sounds.

 
Just re-read what Greg sent.  Beginning to think this is true. 

No comments: