Monday, March 3, 2014

you are patient

and I really appreciate that fact.  It's irritating to follow a blog and then have the blogger be a flake!  I do not pride myself on that fact!  I like M-F and have it be posted early morning.  That being said...sorry I didn't keep my own standards.

I read something about a month ago and I just keep thinking about it.  I just enjoyed the thought so much that I want to share it this morning....

excerpt from 1963 CR by President David O. McKay...

    What that Statue of Liberty has symbolized to the oppressed and downtrodden of Europe, the gospel of Jesus Christ is to the world.

  The Restored gospel, the Church, has reared an Ensign to the nations...and invites the world to peace, to rest, to contentment.

 
Still on de-junk but hit a bit of a roadblock.  Taking care of hubby.  Now why on earth a grown man, capable in so many ways, would make me think he needs any sort of tending is beyond me.  Waiting to hear what they want to do about his gall bladder problem.  Still.  Resistance is low and he ends up with a bad head cold (you mean there are some good ones?)  Germ laden from hacking and such and then he hugs me!!  Acky!!!  I must have breathed deeply as this morning I to feel that cold coming on.  We have this great OTC medicine Sambucol and I'm having confidence it will do it's thing!  I don't think it helped things that Terry left the couch and climbed into bed last night.   I must have inhaled a truckload of invisible gremlins.  Funny how you grow older and get to be a fuss budget of sorts.  As a Mother, when my children were young, especially small enough to snuggle, I never gave any of that sort of thing a thought.  Many a child was made well by me rocking them and holding them close and kissing them.

Have a wonderful day!




No comments: