Sunday, March 30, 2014

Filled with good feelings!

My mind started going back to my experiences in the Church as far as callings a few days before the Woman's Conference as I got a letter from a brother out of Anchorage about a History he and another brother are doing about the beginnings of the Church there.  He needed something very simple...what years did I teach Seminary?  Did I sit with him while he reviewed an attempt at Home Study Seminary?  What were some specific experiences I had with any of the classes I taught?

Drawing a blank!  I was stunned at what I couldn't recall!  For so many years I knew every calling I'd had since coming into the Church.  A lot of specifics.  All sorts of names and experiences and of course the years and where and who and on and on.  Also for so many years I'd been prompted to just keep a list of callings- dates called and released.  Those I worked with.  Programs etc. Some specifics that I'd want to remember.  Did I heed that prompting?

NO!  Of course I didn't do it as I knew I'd never forget!  Uh-huh!  Sure.  I'll never forget!

So I started figuring out dates based on life happenings and have pieced the years of teaching together.  I think I have.

By the time I got to the WC I was so filled with my past Church experiences and people involved that it just grew.  I sat there just overcome with emotion of people that have crossed my path, graced my life, shared joy in Church callings.  I felt such great love for a myriad of people.  Deep gratitude.

Of course you were on my list!!

I don't have a FB page but I went to Terry's, that he doesn't use and I sometimes put a note, and started rambling and finally had to make myself stop.  There is most likely some etiquette rule about posting personal emotions and I violated them?  I don't know.  Then I started responding to notes that came in.  Such great memories.

So I do a blog and I've never mentioned it on FB as I'm such a coward.  Probably my co-dependent fear behavior of...if they know me or get to know me?--things will go downhill.  It took a year before I even put my name on the blog!!  And I still have the clothes drying on the line and no picture of me!

Sort of ironic...I want to share my Gospel thoughts on a blog.  I do that by hiding the blog???  My extremely ordinary self always feels a bit less than all others.  Probably just a bit of fever left over from pneumonia causes that brand of a little stinkin' thinkin'?

So my first big outing since Hospital and I was so excited for it!!  I think I used up way to much energy in excitement and didn't make it to Church today but really, I am feeling terrific and so thankful for that fact.

Usually I love watching things at home as it's just so miraculous to me but on the WC I really wanted to go to Church so I invited my friend Myra Faye.  I'd stayed away from her just to make sure I had no germs as she is battling those brain tumors and has a lot of health issues in her life.  She looked great.  Heather was there (her husband and son came to hospital and gave me a blessing.  Then they came to the house and gave Terry a blessing.  She was with them. I appreciate her strong faith) Sherry, brought me daffodils and sweet card while I was down, and her sweet 9 year old daughter were also seatmates.  I sat there and thought of the help they were and how special they are to me.

Then my thoughts reeled back to so many wonderful women that I've shared gospel living/service with and the acts of kindness I've been the recipient of and the sheer fun of serving in callings over the years.  The joy I've felt just filled me.

The longer the Conference went on the more love I felt and the more memories flooded my mind.

Those feelings are still in my mind/heart!! 

IF I had it to do over...I'd keep a journal of callings I've had and things accomplished and joy/challenges.  Dates and places.

That WC really grabbed my heart.

I missed Church and missed the protesters picketing our Chapel!  Signs about garments, blacks, cult and one also saying, we destroyed one of their Churches.  I guess it was a man and a woman.  We aren't even on a main street.  Maybe they were just wanting to reach the members.  I'm thinking this is just the beginning.  I've been thinking of the current LDS Feminist Movement and their desire to receive the Priesthood and go into the Priesthood meeting at the upcoming conference.  (I'm figuring out how I will conduct myself as all of this increases!  I'll blog this week about my feelings.  Actually I might not as this is the week to get ready to celebrate General Conference!!) My friend Carol told the man to go take a bath and get a shave!  They stood out there for the entire 3 hours+.  That is most likely their Church.... To save the world from us!  I love having a testimony.  Isn't it interesting that they are outside protesting and inside members are bearing/sharing testimonies of the fact they know their beliefs are true.

My heart is happy and so filled with love of people presently and in the past that have impacted my life that I'm bubbling over.  I'm just soaking it up!!!




No comments: