Monday, October 7, 2013

Fantastic Weekend!!!

Spiritually amazing!!!  Talk about Spirit Filled!  What a 2 day feast!  What a Conference!  It was so pure!!  true followers of Christ!!  I just felt it was jam-packed with counsel and testimony, by people that were so filled with the Holy Ghost.  I loved every single talk and every single minute and every song.  If you could only choose one General Conference to live your life by, then this would be my choice!!  There is so much I need to do.  so much to change.  so much to improve on.  so much to discard behaviorally.  so much to add to who I am in process of becoming.  This would be the Conference to share with anyone that still feels we aren't Christians.

There was so much counsel to study/learn/understand the Gospel.  Great talks given on every single aspect of life.  Nothing was missed!  So appreciated the talk on Depression as there are so many sufferers.  Glad he brought that out into the open.  Marvelous personal stories!!  Any doubt on how they feel about the Priesthood being for men to have but for ALL to be blessed by the power of it???
I can't think of anything that wasn't touched on.  I bet the feeling in that Conference Center was electric because we had the Spirit right here with us and there were just the two of us.

I soaked it up.  and will now re-listen.  Wasn't that stunning when they gave that stat 97% or was it 95% of members would be able to hear this Conference?

My mind is on overload.  with joy!!  going to just sit back and bask in how I feel and peek at some of my notes.

My testimony was strengthened as was my resolve to endeavor staying on the path and enduring whatever comes to me in mortality.

*******************************************

My gratitude for my membership and my testimony were so fortified.  I'm also thankful that I believe in the Church organization and men being ordained to Priesthood and not women.  I'm thankful that I felt absolutely no need to support the cause, stand united, knock on the Conference door and ask for admittance to the Priesthood meeting.  My heart goes out to those women that feel as they do.  I expect Church discipline repercussions will eventually be enforced if they persist in teaching and preaching their expectations.  I remember that cleansing that took place in the 70's with women wanting equal rights, confusion over doctrine etc. etc.  and oh, my...not nice on all counts.  A huge ruckus like an earthquake.  And that was before all the technology of today.  This will probably ignite like a brush-fire and have testimony laden women, modestly dressed, sweet to look at, gentle voiced (for the most part) going at each other as only women can do!!  Verbal battles in lace cage fights.  Oh, boy.  Here we go again!! 

Blog


I can't believe that in the OrdainWomen leader's naivete, she honestly believed, when she nicely asked, that she would be allowed into the meeting even though the Church spokeswoman, Sister Todd,  had already said...No.


*******************************
Our dinner was a failure!!!  not that we starved to death (not close to that happening!)  Time got away and we ended up not making the apple pie.  Well, one was made, but not from scratch, by Terry. The filling was good but a little undercooked.
Pie crust was tasteless!!

I bought Marie Callender chicken pot pies and they were dreadful.  I've not bought them for ages.  Last time we ate them they were delish.  they obviously changed their recipe!  this time...yuck!


So I decided to make caramel corn and it was so burnt it was bitter. Tossed in trash!

I will admit to wondering what Julianna and her guests were munching on but my reality was...You know what?!!???  It just didn't matter a twit!  We were so enjoying every moment of Conference that it was not a big deal at all.  We ate the Bread of Life!!!  Feasted at the table of real goodness and are filled to the brim!!!  Deliciousness!!!  Two old hibernating bears over here.  Contentment.  Shhhh.









No comments: