Thursday, October 10, 2013

Angels in life...

Over 17 years ago our daughter was expecting twin girls and we were so thrilled and happy at that prospect.  She spent most of her time, wretched retching, in bed, IV in place.  So sick, it was heartbreaking for me to witness.  She loved those babies before they were born.  Later she told me that she had expected to really love them but didn't know she would fall in love with them when they were born.  I've always liked the way she expressed that sentiment.

When I was expecting her, I too had a tough time and a tough birth.  A few days after her birth, I was receiving a blood transfusion and things were rough.  I felt in heaven holding her though. When her Daddy came into the hospital room, I was snuggling her.  So happy!  Terry commented that he couldn't believe how women could go through so much to have a baby and not blame the baby for their suffering/misery.  He was touched by it.

That is the nature of women.  love of life and love and enjoyment in caring for their own and everyone else also! don't you think?

We are born with all of this Godly goodness. That is just a part of who we are.  Joseph Smith confirmed that fact when the RS was organized.  A Society that offers relief.  Don't you love this statement?....

You are now placed in a situation where
you can act according to those sympathies
which God has planted in your bosoms.  If
you live up to the principles how great and
glorious!--if you live up to your privilege,
the angels cannot be restrained from being
your associates...If you will be pure,
nothing can hinder.
--Joseph Smith

There are even hymns that proclaim...
The errand of angels is given to women: 
And this is  gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.


another line from another hymn...
We meet to plan our service
To neighbors now in need.
May charity and kindness
Inspire our ev'ry deed.
And as we use our talents
For good and noble ends,
May God be our companion
And angels be our friends.

I have always felt our divine natures are necessary for the perpetuation of the human race!  There is not time to learn all of this loving compassion.  Babies can't wait for Mother's to grow into devoted love.  It just has to be in place.  ( I know.  I know. this could go a dozen different ways but overall we came to this earth with bosoms bursting with Christlike goodness)

I'm so thankful to be a woman.  I enjoy the benefits of experiencing these marvelous emotions.  When I had my first little baby, I felt so sorry for Terry that he had to leave and go to work.  I didn't know how he could stand pulling himself away from his new little son.  The emotional make-up of men is not how we women think or feel or act.  To him it was literally all in a days work, part of life, and his to do.  He did miss the baby and enjoyed him and loved to bathe him and care for him when  he came home.  But it was a brief evening shift.  I wanted to be with baby all the time!!!  I remembered wondering if he felt jealous that I got to stay home with the baby.  No.  Not a bit of jealousy.

Our feelings, perspective, emotions, experiences, viewpoints on everything in life were/are not the same.

 Men are told to develop some of the natural traits so woven into female character.  For instance men are told, right up front  --the natural man, that naturalness is an enemy to God.... and must be overcome.  Check out the Doctrine and Covenants.  Sec. 121

Women have to learn to let the men learn about their Priesthood responsibilities.  If women had the Priesthood, I fear that they would bypass men, and just do it all themselves AND a lot of the men would be happy to let them do so.  There would be no need to learn etc.

This is all abbreviated thoughts and I hope it doesn't come across as anything except 100% acceptance/support for the divine plan as outlined in the Family Proclamation.  I cheer my Priesthood Brothers and I equally cheer my RS Sisters!  together we make a strong force for good.

The necessity of our individual responsibility to the grand plan,  is explained so perfect in The Family Proclamation.  Nothing shows the greater need of Men, with their divine nature, leading out with the Priesthood and Women softening life with their own divine nature responsibilities. 

There is strength and great capacity in the
women of this Church.  There is leadership and 
direction, a certain spirit of independence, and 
yet great satisfaction in being a part of this, 
the Lord's kingdom, and of working hand in hand
with the priesthood to move it forward.
--President Gordon B. Hinckley





















No comments: