Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A generous helping of peace. enjoyed.

If my body moved as quickly as my mind has thoughts ever tumbling about, then everything that is essential for living would be done post haste!!  If my energy level was on par with my enthusiastic thoughts about life in general then all of my clutter/treasures? would be in mint condition!!

What a wonderful time I had in going to the Temple.  I'm a car pray-er.  An out loud pray-er.  Years ago I figured if people saw me they'd just think I was singing and that is not to strange is it?

My mind was jumping, like water flecks flipped on a hot griddle.  Jumping from thing to thing that  needs to be done.  Things that I want to do.  That I need to do.  I seemed to be going nowhere in making headway.

Today I was reminded of life's seasons...of not running faster than I have strength...of the blessings of going to the Temple.  I love knowing that blessings will come to me as I need them.  I'll take care of Terry, I'll be healthier, I'll get organized/cleaned up around here, I'll get the last details of the Women's Conference done, and actually do the Woman's Conference to completion.

Terry, my children, their families, my friends....I want to be better in those roles...More consistent...  More connected...More caring. 

I was able to absorb peace by sitting in the Celestial room.  I feel good.  Again.

I remembered reading an interview quote -answer given, by an older very successful man, as to what was most important to succeed in life and accomplish goals and this was the answer...

(sorry I don't have the source)

He smiled at me with a twinkle in his eye, as if he had been asked this question many times, and replied, without hesitating, "The most important success principle of all was stated by Thomas Huxley many years ago. He said, 'Do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.'"

No comments: