Monday, June 18, 2012

Signaling

Such a lovely Father's Day for Terry and for me also!  Terry is just so handsome in my eyes and he looked wonderful today.  His heart was happy as he heard from our children and then we had the bonus of our oldest son coming for an afternoon visit and a delicious dinner.

Sentiment reigned strong in my heart.  When I set the table I brought out a pair of tiny, newborn size, baby blue fine-wale corduroy, shoes.  So tiny and perfect.  trimmed with white and even little white laces.  All of our boys wore those for just a few weeks with a little white knit romper trimmed in blue, a matching cardigan, and a little hat.  I propped those shoes against a flower vase on the table.  

I think I enjoyed them more than either hubby or son!  The men in our family are strong and sometimes real viking types but their hearts are tender.  Terry absolutely adored his babies.  He loved to snuggle them and rock them and bathe them and feed them.  With our firstborn he would come home from work and bathe the baby, that had been bathed all ready!, just for sheer enjoyment!  He'd take him to the store just to walk around and show him off.

He enjoyed all of his little ones.  And he loves and enjoys them now...just in a different way!

I see our children have actually turned into full fledged adults.  Shocking!  I love that they love their children.

I was tapping into my memory bank and enjoying what I drew out.


My parents are both on the other side of the veil.  Today I thought of my Dad and how when he entered the house, he would always whistle when he came in.  He didn't want to startle my Mother when he came into the house.  He gave her a warning with his whistling that he was coming in the door.  

When he was at the end of his life in the hospital, just before his passing, he started softly whistling.  My Mother then heard excited voices say...He's coming!  He's coming!


No comments: