Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Balance

I really feel I could fill an entire day with all sorts of things and never lift a finger on cleaning or dusting etc. etc.  Sometimes I hold myself hostage with guilt over what needs to be done and isn't.  Sometimes I revert to my Mother's behavior of not allowing myself to do anything, go anywhere, or be spontaneous unless everything is done.  Balance in this realm of my life is many times skewed off center.  

My admiration runs soul deep for those that seem so effortlessly to keep things tidy.  I always have clutter and varied size messes resting all comfy in the sunlit table dust.  Objects seemingly dropped from space in random alignment.  Hither, thither and yon. 

Unfinished projects and piled papers with notes everywhere on everything.  Books neatly lined mixed with uneven stacks.

Humor resides in my sign, propped and proclaiming in bold print.... 

SIMPLIFY  

Live 
Simply
Live 
Well  


When I get out of balance in my duty list, I love being brought back to the basics, of keeping balance through daily choices.  This is one of my favorite quotes.  I hope you enjoy it!!!

By inattention to household duties, the little touches that make or mar the family peace, many a woman has reduced her home to a comfortless house; and many another has eliminated the essential elements of home by her self-assumed and persistent drudgery, in which she denies to her dear ones the cheer of her loving companionship.  One-sided service, however devoted, may become neglect.  There is time for labor inside the home as in the open; in every family time should be found for cultivating that better part, that one thing needful – true spiritual development 
                                                                            --James E.Talmage, Jesus the Christ, 403

No comments: