Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Nestlings!!!

20 years ago the "baby" in our family graduated from high-school and all of his siblings flew in for the occasion plus our 2 Grandsons. 

This is a group of the most unique people to be in one family.  Not a one of them is alike (well, there is that last name in common!!).  They are all hard workers.  I mean hard!  They give their all (Just like their Dad did in his day!).  Not a lazy one in the bunch.  Extremely independent.  Feisty at times.  Strong willed (make that strong not a puny strong). Also...when the chips are down and trouble looms or crisis of any sort, with anyone, they rally around and champion the cause.  They are incredible as individuals and as a group it's quite the mix of folks!!  They have grown accepting of each other, as they have matured, and that is very interesting to see from a Mom's perspective. 


I could go on and on but I won't.  I love them to pieces!!

They arrived over a very long period of time.  17 years after our first born entered our lives the 5th and last child arrived.  Our oldest graduated from high school and we took his 3 month old baby brother with us!!  We had children at home with no empty nest for 34 years!!  At times I felt like flying over the cuckoo nest!!!  I should never question my insanity!!  I earned it!

Our 12 grandchildren also took their time arriving on earth to 5 different homes...24 years!  

And now we have 2 Great-Grandchildren from our oldest grandson Kipper (in the picture)--ages 4 and 1.  Our other Grandson in the picture, Lance, will be going on his Mission the end of August. (oh, happy day!!!!)


Time flies.  This picture is one of those happy wonderful memory pictures.  It was snapped casually outside the school by our friend, Linda.  Jeanee insisted and I'm so glad she did.  Everyone made such effort to be there for this occasion and each one traveled from a different state.  It was such a surprise when Kipper brought Greg and Lance to the party!  They had flown in from Illinois.  Jeanee from Florida.  Where were the others living???? Losing my mind!


This pictures reminds me of how much I love these individuals.  Of how good they are to me and the love they give me.  I'd do it all over in a heartbeat as my favorite life memory. I'd beg for a do-over, when they were all at home, living under the same roof which at times felt like it might blow off from the grappling man-size wrestlers!  Oh, my...I'd be just so very perfect 2nd time around!!!  Sigh.  No 2nd chance so pay attention to what you are doing and enjoy every moment and make some great memories!! 

Back row:
#1 son- Kipper
#2 Grandson- Lance
#3 My Terry
#4 Me.  Mother of the testosterone brood!!  Just look at them!!
#5 son- Benjamin
#2 son- Gregory (Father of Lance)

Front row:
#3 child. Jeanee. My only daughter.  An angel.  My rose amongst the thorns!!
#4 child, 3rd son.  David
#1 Grandchild.  Kipper.  Son of Kipper.

No comments: