Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Self-indulgent

Self-indulgent...adj- readily yielding to temptations of ease or pleasure etc.

Today I gave myself the most luxurious day.  Especially lovely because it was without guilt from myself or a guilt trip from Hubby.  He is so wonderful in that way!  I'm about finished with the hacking and the tiredness from bronchitis and rest always speeds things along.  Today we pretty much finished sorting and packing all the McCall paraphernalia like air-mattresses etc. and storing it away.  It was a relaxed easy going day and the self-indulgence really kicked in when I spent the majority of the day reading!!  I have such a simple life and I love it!!!  This is a great time in my life. 

I now have a new project in mind for the 2013 McCall trip.  I'm going to make each family member a lap quilt.  Terry fell over with laughter at such an absurd idea.  So unrealistic!  so over the top!  so unreachable!  He thinks flannel tied together is the most wonderful blanket/quilt in the world.  He wanted to know if they would be warm and comfortable or just artistic.  He laughed so hard that I now will make one less than I originally planned!!  None for him!  He's probably right on my harebrained idea but it's sort of bucket list time in my life and this is on my list!!  That averages one a month for 2 years and I have a couple of quilt tops done so I'm already ahead of the game!!  Just the tops are done.   Not the finished quilt!  And a lap quilt isn't that big is it?  And now here I am yakking about my big plan.  On birthday night at McCall I'll give them their lap quilts!  Oh, yes....I'm truly a brick shy of a full load!!  Hopefully Terry will not be here when my ordered fabric arrives!!!  He will laugh himself silly over that arrival!!

Terry is getting ready to go to Norway with our daughter.  First he will fly to Florida, go to Jeanee's and then from there....up, up and away.... they will soar to the land of lefse, lutefisk, lederhosen, horned helmets,  high prices, flotegrot (real poor man's pudding!), fjords and cold weather.  You could not pay me to fly for 14 hours to see another country.  I do not enjoy flying.  Actually I detest it, if the truth be known!  I love when I arrive at destination but not the journey.  He will be in heaven seeing the town that bears his family name!  Seeing relatives that he's not yet met.   This is on his bucket list!! 

Regarding the blog about the fellow that died and how hopeless he was and also the reader response....Shannon found that blog for me and now I'm figuring out how to tell the fellow that there is life after this life and it will be wonderful.  Thanks so much, Shannon!!

I believe in enjoying each day as much as possible and today I enjoyed my entire day! 

I hope you did also!

*****************************************

A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance.... Prov. 15:13

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.... Prov. 17:22

No comments: