Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gift of Book...should be here soon!!!

Wednesday night and Melissa and I were having a meeting about RS.  Making plans for future events.  Planning, talking and enjoying ourselves.  We were not alone in the building as the YM/YW were in full force.  Carol raises her granddaughter, in addition to caring for her husband and she carries a very heavy load.  I was visiting with her afterwards as she was waiting for her Becca to come out.  We talked about the amazing women in our Ward that take care of these YW and how the girls love them.  Carol in essence has 6, or is it 7, women who love and care and teach her granddaughter.  What a blessing the Church is in all of our lives IF we take advantage of consistent attendance and participation!  Julianna gave me 2 beehive cupcakes that she had special baked for the Beehives.  These gals go to such lengths to make things special!  I just cheer them on and rejoice again in the fact that I'm a member of the Church, have a testimony and love being a woman in the Gospel.  I support every RS woman that moves the work forward and strengthens these YW.  It is a choice association for me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am looking forward to the gift the Church is giving us- a beautiful book about the women of the world in RS.  I've been waiting for it a long time!  It should be here soon.  The quotes below have made me even more eager and curious as to the content.  It will be great to learn of the history of RS and how it has always impacted women's lives.  Are you looking forward to getting a copy also?   


****************************

Women's Conference- (April 29, 2011)
Sister Beck concluded by telling sisters that she hoped that as the Relief Society history becomes available to them, the strength of these things will settle upon their hearts and that other things the Lord has to teach them will emerge in their study.
“Rather than prepare for a product (the forthcoming book), prepare yourselves,” she said. “Prepare to receive the Lord’s message for you. Go to the temple. Pray. Live to become what the Lord would have us all become.”

“As the Church itself grows exponentially over the years, I think there will be great value in this book for the women who join the Church to say, here’s who I am, this is what I’ve become part of, this is my specific identity in this Church, that I am not homogenized but I am a living, breathing, contributing individual and I’m needed,” she said. (August 2011)


*************************************


(A few more favorite quotes!!  let's roll up our sleeves and go to work!!)


Relief Society:A Call to Minister by Julie Beck-
Sister Beck asked the women to become articulate in sharing their testimonies by studying the scriptures. She encouraged them to develop their talents to be used to build up the Lord’s kingdom. She urged them to seek revelation by asking questions and to share what they know. She challenged them to get over the excuses they have allowed to keep them from doing the Lord’s work.


“I am grateful for Relief Society not only for its beginnings but for what it is today,” Sister Beck said. “I’m just beginning to have a glimpse of what the Lord has in mind for His daughters. The vision that comes to me sometimes is so glorious and staggering and humbling and thrilling that it is difficult to contemplate. It’s part of the vision of Daniel and the stone rolling forward to bless the whole earth (see Daniel 2:34–35). The Lord expects and requires His daughters to be involved.” (4/29/11)


No comments: