Friday, August 12, 2011

The mulling things over continues!!

The gathering for Terry's trip is picking up. I deleted his ticket to FL and then deleted the deleted but Travelocity helped me out so that is printed and in the drawer with his passport.  His passport picture looks like a mugshot of a corpse!  Not trying to be mean or rude.  Truly.  He is shocked at how dreadful it is.  When we looked at it on the day it was taken it didn't look that horrible.  Oh, boy!!  Not good!!

Remenants of McCall have been boxed up and ready to mail to owners....a motel key, a condo towel, a sunhat, a t-shirt, some hoop earrings with CTR engravened, plus a suit for Terry that I ordered the wrong size- ready for return to catalog company. a stack of boxes.

The Humanitarian project was a lot of effort on the part of one or two people and it seemed to me the project never got off the ground.  That's just me.  Maybe the other 7 gals felt different but I wondered what the goal was.  I was loading my school supplies in a box as they were going to a local school.  I sorted the glue sticks and the crayons and readied them for delivery.  As I did that relatively quick task, I was thinking of Somalia again and that child in the hospital with flies sticking out of their nose and felt conflicted about the necessity of pencils for the nearby grade school.  Somehow or other I need to do something beyond the Humanitarian donation that really impacts my heart.  Maybe it's because I never see the recipient.  Maybe it's because I don't do enough of the local Humanitarian projects to feel the Spirit.  There is a gal that lives, eats and breathes these projects.  She feels it is her mission.  Maybe I haven't found my mission yet?  Or am I just a rebel without a cause?  Maybe I need to repent?


No comments: