Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fizzled. Frazzled.

There are days that I have such marvelous grandiose plans and sometimes it results in one huge fizzle.  sort of like a firecracker that lets off a whistle and then becomes nothing more than a dud. 

Last night I was so excited about our RS meeting.  It carried over and today I was moved to whip together a couple of Quiche as Linda demo'd for us.  She showed it was quick, simple, and delish!  So I purchased all the needed ingredients this morning, printed the recipe and proceeded with my plan.

The plan being one for us (Hubby & I) and one for Brenda and Mike.  Brenda had a serious accident and spends most of her time recuperating in bed.  So our RS sisters have brought in meals for a few weeks.  I've heard how yummy the meals have been and some of the neat things they have enjoyed eating.  My turn was today.  It seemed a great idea to make her a quiche.

True I've never made a "real" quiche but it seemed very simple when I saw it last night.  I decided to make a fresh spinach one.  I think that was my mistake.  Everything looked good, smelled good etc. etc. BUT when it baked the spinach leaves sort of rose to the top, browned up and it looked like the front yard, in the fall, when dead leaves are strewn all over.

Why didn't I just go by a pizza?  I had to further humiliate myself and oh, yes...I took it over to them.  Brenda is the head of all the school's lunch programs in Granger and can put out dinner for 200 without batting an eye.  I bring her this puny looking leaf infested wanna be quiche, carrot sticks and dill pickles!!!  Where did those "side dishes" come from?  And the redemptive treat (not the cake I was going to make.  oh, no.)  2 different types of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Plus I still need a haircut and my perm has made my hair look like a dandelion puff ball and I shook the Worcestershire with the lid loose and it flew all over me and it's so dark and super sticky!!  Uh-huh.  I wore the blouse to her house!!

Terry kept mentioning about real men don't eat quiche and that didn't help either. 

Nothing went as planned.  I so wanted to waltz in, all coiffed and aproned, with a delectable dish for Brenda.  Not so.

I told Terry what I really wanted to do had fizzled.  He told me it was a kind thought.

That reminded me of something that gets me through a lot of life.  The Lord knows my heart.  He knows the truth of it.  He knows all of my desires and intentions.  No matter how things may look to an outsider looking in, He sees to the core of my soul and He knows me. 

How thankful I am for the Scriptures and the Gospel that brings me to the Scriptures.  How thankful I am that when I'm feeling all thumbs that He knows what I was trying to do.  What comfort there is in that!! 

I feel better just thinking of His love for each of us.  Don't you?

"...for the Lord seeth not an man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."
                                        1 Samuel 16:7  

No comments: