Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Countdown to Conference!

This particular upcoming General Conference...I've felt like I was given so many assignments to study in order to be ready.  Did you feel that way also?  LOTS of homework!

Study Section 25...study Section 84....study Section 107...do the Come Follow Me program...study about the Restoration and read JS-H.  In spare time read Saints and watch Book of Mormon videos!!  I've read and studied and pondered and prayed.  Currently Quarantined!  Asked to fast by our Northwest Authority and then being asked to fast world-wide by the Prophet!  It has a been a busy and very enjoyable and enlightening nearly 6 months of preparing.

Thank heavens for technology.  Obviously this was in the master plan of the Master Planner!  Nowadays anyone can write a book or do a blog or do a YouTube and there are YouTubers all over the place...all promoting the Come Follow Me program.  Some I enjoy and some I don't.  It's nice to find something that works for each person's likes and learning curve preference.  My personal overall favorite is here  Every day a reminder comes to my email and I can be as involved as I want.  Today I read about the different accounts of the first vision.  I really enjoyed it...especially Orson Pratt and Orson Hyde and Levi Richards.  here

Last week I watched a 5 part series on The Restoration by a young man that has some great info... it's a really nice presentation.  I see that the WYM are watching it as a group.  If you are interested...it's on YouTube...David Butler and the Restoration.  Plus the Church has a wonderful podcast series on the First Vision. 

We are ready as we can be.  For us, anyhow.

Truth be told.  I'm teary over the magnitude of that article by President Nelson.  The one in the April 2020 Ensign. here   I've read it several times.  I've marked it up with lines and stars and numbers and circles.  I've looked up the mentioned scriptures and followed the footnotes.  I've looked up words in the Dictionary.  I've thought about it and prayed about it and pondered and wondered and mulled it over...what on earth is going to happen?  How will this come about???  and then I do, my most female thing...I sit down and I cry.

I cry over certain words and certain phrases and certain paragraphs.

Words like...unprecedented...accelerated...unparalleled

Sentences like...the time is coming when those who do not obey the Lord will be separated from those who. 

Why do we need such resilient faith? Because difficult days are ahead. Rarely in the future will it be easy or popular to be a faithful Latter-day Saint. Each of us will be tested.


***********
You will have days when you will be discouraged. So pray for courage not to give up! Sadly, some who you thought were your friends will betray you. And some things will simply seem unfair.
********************
(I love the paragraph below!!)
Do whatever it takes to strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ by increasing your understanding of the doctrine taught in His restored Church and by relentlessly seeking truth. Anchored in pure doctrine, you will be able to step forward with faith and dogged persistence and cheerfully do all that lies in your power to fulfill the purposes of the Lord.
********************
This seems to me to be the time of the women.  Elder Oaks has said that President Kimball's prophecy was being fulfilled now. here  He has said that a couple of times. 




No comments: