Thursday, March 26, 2020

Eerie...

perhaps that is not the word you thought of when you heard that ALL of the Temples are closed...worldwide!...but that was the emotion that coursed through my mind.

Just a simple statement... effective last night...every single Temple in the world is closed.  True- it's a temporary closure but still...for me it's like a light went out.  That beacon is no longer there.  Conditions are the exact way the world was before the Church was restored in it's fullness!!!

I've been loading up on my studies about the Restoration, in preparation for the upcoming, most anticipated General Conference (ever!) and as I've studied how the Church was put together... organized... much like a jigsaw puzzle--A little bit of this and then a little bit of that...Questions asked and explanations given and eventually the Lord's Church, in it's fullness, was again on the earth.

A part of that fullness was the Temple- with all of the covenants available and all of the ordinances available for everyone...currently living or previously living...it was there for everyone.  Plus it was available all the time, for the desirous person with a current Temple Recommend- as a refuge from their storms...a place of personal revelation...a place of peace...a place that you feel it's Holiness.

At this moment no one, not a single soul living on this earth, has access to any Temple.  No one can start their marriage and be sealed by those with that authority...no one can take out their own endowment...no one can do proxy work.  No one can do anything IF that anything involves or necessitates entering a Temple.

I know it's temporary.  I know things will open up again.  I know Temple building, of new & yet unannounced Temples & restoration/renovation of older Temples, will pick back up.  I know that.

But...I know this is my year for needing a new Temple Recommend and as I checked it this morning and see that it's valid through May, I did wonder...when will I be going to the Temple again?





No comments: