Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Beautiful weather here...

Good morning...wherever you are!  What an interesting and fascinating time to be alive and be a part of something that the entire world is aware of and focusing on.  We started out, at least it seemed that way to me, united with the attitude of -Houston, we have a problem- to now being fractionated. (did I just create a new word?)

The division is seemingly breaking into 2 camps...
#1-it's a bunch of bunk/handled wrong/scare tactic/politics/flu of the year/political 
 #2-look at Italy/listen to Doctors/stay home/social distancing/it's real  
etc. etc. etc. on both sides.

I thank heaven, literally, for a Prophet.  My heart is so thankful for my testimony of being led by a living Prophet and such gratitude for the restoration of the Gospel.  I loved his calm reassurance to us of the happenings in that recent brief statement to us.  Just a few minutes long but so much information of letting us know and feel of his confidence in the future.

Terry and I, as you know, are hibernating and happy to do so.  I'm thankful to be at ease with this.  I'm also thankful for friends that check on us and will pick up whatever requires a trip to the store, for something fresh or whatever we feel we need.

I am just enjoying every single solitary change that has come into the Church.  It is so livable and so doable and so practical and so enjoyable and so believable and so amazing...to see how President Nelson has been guided to gather us right to this very spot, for this very time.  I LOVE it!

Recently, we were listening to some Conference talks, that would fit with the Come Follow Me lesson, and somehow or other, I had the speaker but not the year or the talk title.  Terry found the talk that I thought was the right one.  Turns out it wasn't the one that I thought it was but it was a timely one!  I remembered that talk and how completely overwhelmed I was.  How inadequate I felt.  How impossible it seemed to do what President Benson said.  How defeated I was.  It was tough to hear and tough to take it and it was haunting to me.  Hearing it 40 years later...I still don't garden and still feel the guilt!  Give me a break...blame it on my parents that never had a garden!

How thankful I am to have seen so much history and lived to see so many changes!  Want a little trip down my memory lane?  Remember...I was pioneering-like in Alaska when I heard this talk and it hit so hard!  I was still reeling from the talk President Benson quotes by President Kimball and then this...here  This Prophet did not mince words and he left you with no doubt that he meant what he said!  He was wonderful!

Today's wonderful Prophet...here


No comments: