Sunday, March 15, 2020

Beautiful Day...

of Peace and Rest  ....those words coursed through my mind.  I like to never found the hymn...but I ended up here 

I also had Welcome, Welcome Sabbath Morning, take up lodging in my brain!  here

True - the lyrics didn't ring true in parts of both these Hymns, for Church at home but the feeling rang true within me!

Our Sabbath was awesome!  We both enjoyed ourselves so much!

A few weeks ago I had become dissatisfied with my Sabbath preparation as far as meals go.  You know that delight in cooking at this time of my life is not scoring high in the doing with enjoyment
category.  You know I enrolled in a class and I'm still taking it and not making high grades there either!  I ended up missing the Sabbath feeling after I came home from Church.  I also missed how I use to prepare with joy.  I missed the joy!

My main valid excuse is blame it on someone else.  Hmmmm.  Who is nearby that I can blame?  Of course!!!  Obviously!!  It's the Hubby's fault!

He isn't on any schedule because of his health and sometimes he isn't hungry and he sleeps alot...so I could group those things, out of a lot of other excuses, and be justified in just sort of having a whatever sort of meal.

I felt prompted, to make our home Sabbath feeling more inviting... like I use to do.  Terry has not been to Church in so long that I can't even remember!  I wanted to make our home on Sunday more conducive to the Spirit.  Keeping it more Holy.  I've told you before how my non-member Mother always kept the Sabbath day Holy and never said so (most likely she didn't even think of it that way).  It was really special in our home.

So...I decided to really make the effort.  A comment from our daughter really spurred me on.  She was telling me how much she loved coming home from Church and smelling the roast when she came in and how good it tasted.  I thought...when was the last time I really gave our Sunday meal a lot of thought??? ...when did I last give any thought to how the table was set?

Today we had such a glorious Sunday and the meal was terrific and it was such a special day!!

I set the table on Saturday and it looked so nice...even fresh flowers from our daughter.  I cooked a very simple delicious meal and had also baked a long overdue mincemeat pie.  Everything was so much appreciated by my sweetheart.

It just added to the specialness of our day, to enjoy that meal together.  a bonus...it was a labor of love and I enjoyed planning and cooking it.  I'm already looking forward to next week!

We'd talked yesterday about our Sunday plans and were ready for it.  We have no children.  We don't have jobs to worry about.  We are hunkering down until the all clear signal and we can do whatever we want, with no input or concern about children and no school and so many challenges.  We just do our own thing!  Very nice!

YouTube!  We enjoyed so many things.  It was wonderful! 

Something caught me off guard was the Sacrament.  We'd had times that Church was canceled in Alaska so we'd done that before (not with all the wonders of today that are available though!).  Terry put on his snowy white shirt.  Well, I helped him and as I buttoned it for him...really, even now tears well up.  I just always loved him wearing a white shirt and a suit and tie.  I loved it today!  He hadn't worn a Church shirt in ...I don't even know how long ago.  He asked for some things for the Sacrament so I got 2 snow-white napkins  and two very small water-filled tumblers and a tiny plate and a cracker.  He then arranged it on his walker seat.  He'd asked for his scriptures.  He then read the prayers and we partook of the Sacrament.  It was so wonderfully Churchy!!

We have enjoyed the last 1-1/2 year on the Come Follow Me program!

We are so excited about the upcoming General conference.  Wasn't that the most beautiful little video that President Nelson did?  I loved how he said this virus will pass in due time and he is optimistic about the future and my most favorite thing was...when he pulled us all back to the upcoming Gen. Conf. then we will focus on the restoration of the Gospel.  

My heart is so thankful and so happy because I have a real testimony that we have a living Prophet on the earth and I believe what he says.  Feeling the joy!!


No comments: