Sunday, March 29, 2020

Lovely...

My sister would be proud of me this Sunday morning...I'm wearing a very bold necklace. A piece of costume jewelry...a long length chain from whence hangs a very large heart!  Maybe 2"?  It's covered with pearls and diamonds and set in gold!  You get the visual?  Dixie was a collector of all things that she found beautiful.  Let's just say that QVC and HSN were pretty much on a first name basis with her and she had all pre-sale info on her favorites.  It would make her happy that I chose a necklace for my Sunday wear.

Our Mother dressed herself up on Sundays, in a house dress, as they were called in those days, in observance of a day of rest.  A non-member and non-attender of any religion, and yet she kept the Sabbath day Holy.  It took me years to realize that had happened in my life and I so appreciate that she did that.  I know I've blogged about that fact before.

All of that just to say...unless I'm sick...yes. I dress for Sunday.  Not because I have to but because I like to.  Right now it's nearly 1pm and Terry is still asleep after a non-sleep night but I'm ready for Church-at-home when he is and we will enjoy our time. 

General Conference apparel?  bath robe and nightgown for the majority of time!!

I also decided to paint my nails red.  From my teen years on I wore nail polish and loved every minute of it.  As my hands started showing my birthday years...I switched to subtle colors that I really enjoyed but now...I'm back to red!

**********************

Our sacrament meeting was beautiful ....the only announcement was- there will be a break-the-fast meal after this meeting and everyone is invited... The chorister forgot the hymn books...Everyone present shared their testimonies which included a lot of gratitude from their hearts for everything in their hearts.






No comments: