Thursday, September 13, 2018

She arrived!!

Well, things will now settle down...at least somewhat!

Me being the cheerleader for SmartPhones!  Yeppers, you heard it here!  I could have done a TV ad in praise of such phones.  Why?...you ask.

Our daughter is doing that Camino De Santiago pilgrimage.  Alone.  The thought of her traveling and being up for hours on end as she traveled from Florida to France (2 planes & 3 trains) was enough to make my sleep so restless the last few nights!  To have my SuperSmartPhone ring this morning and there was my darling daughter's beautiful face... talking to me! to her Dad!  to her brother! It was just a bit of heaven.   I feel so good to have seen her and talked to her!!

No matter how old the child- we never stop mothering!!  never!  Not the hovering and bossing around mothering... just that loving concern/hope/prayer that our child falls to no harm.  We don't want anything to happen to our children except all things good and wonderful.  Fairytale for sure!  We all know that life is a test and all sorts of unexpected and unwelcomed and overwhelming things/events happen to us and to our precious children (no matter their age).  It was so reassuring and for the first time, in 3 days, I feel I can relax.  (Now she only has those 500+ steps to do!)

Today she posted her first YouTube from there.  I was thrilled with it.  She has prepared for almost a year to do this trek and wanted more than anything to share it with others.  I was astounded how she put the video together and the things she'd planned worked out!  I'm totally prejudiced, of course, but really...I think it looks like a film crew is filming it -the segment when she gets her passport and chooses her shell. Her walking through the village.  Oh, I just think it's all incredible that she can do that!!

I feel I can now relax a bit and will not be talking about her Camino journey every day.   Really, I'll not do that!

Look at this...didn't she do amazing??  link




No comments: