Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Boots for walking!!!

My precious daughter has had this planned for a long time!!!    here  How does this happen that your daughter is excited to walk over 500 miles...on her own!!  The last time I had heart palpitations over some adventure she was on was when she was in Jerusalem on a BYU-Study Abroad...in a market place shopping.  I heard on the radio that a bomb had exploded etc. etc. and I recognized the name was where she shopped.  She knew my heart and she called long-distance to reassure me that she was okay.  The call in those days on land-lines cost a fortune but was worth every penny!

Now I'm practicing face-time with her and she assures and re-assures me that she will stay in touch so I am not in anxiety mode 24/7!!!  I've told her that realistically after walking 15-20 miles a day...a MomChat will not be #1 on her evening list of to-do's!  I support her in this trek because...what else do Mom's do?  She is as excited to share the happenings on line as she is to do the actual walk.  She feels there are those that can't do this trek and would like to- so she is taking them along.

Me?...I'm buckling up my seat belt by mustering up a lot of faith!!  Her Father has his head in the sand and is in denial!

(If my link did not work... her FB is Jeanee Seljestad James and you can see it there)

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor



Memory fail on recall about Jerusalem.  A minute ago I was on face-time (me ...so modern!)  with Jeanee and told her I remembered that incident and she reminded me that I had it backwards.  I called her.  So here is the true event from probably 30+ years ago.  She was always talking about the place that they shopped in the market place (I can't remember the foreign name).  she mentioned it so often that I recognized the name when I heard it on the radio...announcing the bomb and the fact that 36 students had been killed.  Well, you know what I was thinking so I placed the super spendy call.  When the phone rang in the housing area, and a student was summoned, it was always because someone at home had died.  When they called her name she was terror stricken and I was feeling that same way about her.  So as Paul Harvey used to say...and now you know the rest of the story!  As she was filling in details I then recalled her telling.

No comments: