Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Seeking the Spirit

President Kimball shared that when he felt distanced from the Spirit he would immerse himself in the scriptures and the Spirit would return.  You know I've been working on balancing my inner self since January and I'm moving ahead!

(food!  must share that hubby and I enjoyed some soup I made.  delish!  Temperature outside is probably 90 degrees but we have our air conditioning so soup was just fine!  No...we didn't sit at the table together as he wasn't ready to eat at same time but we did sit together and eat blueberries!  The fruit around here is beyond description in deliciousness!!  So enough chatter about what fills our porridge bowls!)

**********************************

A colorful graphic with a quote by Elder Robert D. Hales: “We may feel the Holy Ghost reminding us that we are truly sons and daughters of a caring Heavenly Father.”


Speaking of hunger...I've felt this desire...a yearning to really dig into studying something spiritual.  I love Gospel study.  The last several days I've thought so much about the Holy Ghost and the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  I've read so many talks and learned so much and been reminded of so much.  I'm in my happy place!

My life is so luxurious that I can study for hours if I want!  True, that nothing else gets done or not much else.  If I dabble at house doings, a bit gets done but I feel so fortunate to be able to ignore chores and just indulge in studying.

I really want a better understanding of The Gift!  I want to recognize the feelings and the help and all of the counsel I can receive.

The talk by Elder Oaks is so specific in 8 ways the HG communicates.  I want to know those by heart and recognize when that happens to me.

Here are 3 of my favorite talks today....

Revelation by Dallin H. Oaks here

************************************

The Light Through the Dark Glass

Gary C. Barton July 23, 2013 • Devotional                                here

******************************

The Unspeakable Gift of the Holy Ghost

Jay E. Jensen

of the Presidency of the Seventy Jan. 8, 2012 • Devotional   

No comments: