Thursday, August 16, 2018

Calming down!!

I've had another glorious (a favorite word of a friend that is not longer with us.  Myra Faye)  ...anyhow it was truly a glorious day of study and learning and thinking and pondering and having some gears mesh in my brain.  Enjoyed every moment!!!

Made all the better by another meal...totally inappropriate for steamy hot weather but nonetheless delish!  Chuck roast with mashed potatoes and gravy and salad.  So cooking, two times, qualifies me as being back on track, in my opinion!  Nope...we did not dine in a romantic setting for two as the man in my life was feeling the effect of his Rx and it was not possible to do that plus I had fabric all over.  Okay.  truth.  it was because of my sewing mess but hey! we did have some great food and most likely I'll stop reporting on my cooking and our eating together.  Maybe.

I'm still enjoying studying about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and was reading some great devotionals and Conference talks and somehow or other I got sidetracked on social media!!  Is it becoming the bane of my existence???

I reread/watched these two marvelous talks!  So great! 

(The following is the text of the address Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles delivered on August 19, 2014, during Campus Education Week at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.)

To Sweep the Earth as with a Flood by Elder Bednar 2014   here

*****************************
(From a Church Educational System fireside address delivered at Brigham Young University–Idaho on May 3, 2009)

Things as They Really Are by Elder Bednar 2009  here

*******************************

I'm thinking I'm sort of a hot-head and seem to feel that no one knows they should eat at least one meal a day together and that Smartphones are like pacifiers and cause panic and hysteria if said phone is out of eye-sight.  Superwoman cape afloat and I'm going to land and cool my jets.  well, somewhat!

I could put my mug here and that is sort of how I feel.  Sort of?  No.  that is how I've been thinking.  I'm going to change and be more genteel!

Image may contain: 3 people, text

******************************************
As I listened to those talks again and read and opened my heart I decided to do better at using social media and maybe even learn something about using my Smartphone...1st find it and 2nd charge it and 3rd decide what I want to learn and 4th do it.  I'm also going to learn more about my tablet and how to mark it and take notes.  My son Greg has given me lessons but I never absorbed it.  Most likely because my mind was closed.

In the 2014 talk Elder Bednar said that current social media has both potential perils and powerful possibilities  (I love alliteration so naturally this is beautiful to me!)  When I heard how Prophets prophesied about this unknown invention that would help to spread the gospel to every nook and cranny (my description.  not theirs.), I just really decided I need to do more and do it better.  A new Quest!

I think it was also in the 2014 talk that he got emotional when he shared from Moses Chapter 7.  
What grabbed my attention was vs. 61.  about the saints being preserved!  preserved in the midst of the chaos of these last days.  I then looked up a couple of other Scriptures and it was so reassuring to me of protection for us as we strive to live the Gospel!

I'll print them here for you.

Moses 7:61 And the day shall come that the earth shall arest, but before that day the heavens shall be bdarkened, and a cveil of darkness shall cover the earth; and the heavens shall shake, and also the earth; and great tribulations shall be among the children of men, but my people will I dpreserve;

1 Nephi 22:17 Wherefore, he will apreserve the brighteous by his power, even if it so be that the fulness of his wrath must come, and the righteous be preserved, even unto the destruction of their enemies by fire. Wherefore, the righteous need not fear; for thus saith the prophet, they shall be saved, even if it so be as by fire.

2 Nephi 30:10 For the atime speedily cometh that the Lord God shall cause a great bdivision among the people, and the wicked will he cdestroy; and he will dspare his people, yea, even if it so be that he must edestroy the wicked by fire.
*******************
These are great reminders for us to not fear but to just forge ahead the best we can.  Staying on the covenant path and helping each other along that trail.

No comments: