Monday, August 20, 2018

life...it goes on!!


Two years ago our grandson had a horrible trail-bike accident...all broken up...5 surgeries in his pelvic area...pain...and was told he was to broken up to do the thing he really needed to have done...a hip replacement. He's had two years of worsening pain!! On Friday he had a hip replacement and most shockingly they sent him home the next day!  From surgery in Seattle to home in Kennewick!!!  A home with all bedrooms up a bunch of stairs!!

His wife is 9 months pregnant and today is feeling a little suspicious of how she is feeling.   IF she goes into labor then I will go with her! (IF her mother doesn't make it in time)  It's been years but I did Lamaze coach 4 births!  Most likely that won't happen but it's exciting to think it might!!  At this very time it seems a bit much to think of adding a new baby in their life with all that is going on- so, as Grams, I say...Jack, stay put!

Our son is over there helping out.  He will let me know when to fire up my GPS!

*****************************
This will be so interesting with the Prophet sending a formal letter on what the Church is to be called.  Ooops!  correcting it would read...This will be so interesting with the Prophet sending a formal letter on what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to be called.  Not called...how do we speak of it and eliminate short-cuts?   here

I need to fix my profile!  I state I'm known as a Mormon.

So curious as to what will happen to MormonAd...Mormon Tabernacle Choir...I'm a Mormon...Mormon Newsroom and on and on!  What about LDS.org?  Is that building called the LDS Conference Center?

This will be interesting to watch.  He is the Prophet and President of our Church (correct or incorrectly written?) and I did sustain him.  I look forward to seeing what happens and how it's handled and received.  My take?- I have challenges in life that are real and this is not a challenge in my life.  A point of interest?- Absolutely!  Curious?-Yes!

Let the changes begin!

*****************************

We sat and ate together, the Hubby and I!  No, it wasn't at the table.  We sat and watched a couple of conference talks together and ate salad and lasagna.  Then we visited about the talks and happenings in The Church and family and our concern for Kip and Kim and about life.  He was feeling lousy but we did eat together!  Enough about our food habits!  Boring.  Makes me yawn to think I wrote it and expect you to read it!  sorry!

***********************
Would it be equally boring to tell you that I continue to sew on quilt tops?  It's exciting to me.  they are the same ones that I tried to do 2 years ago!  Why quilt tops and not entire quilt?  I have the 2017 goal changed to the McCall 2019 Family reunion goal.  I figure if I exit life for some unknown reason, at least they'll all have a quilt top!  Possibly someone will get an entire quilt if pigs fly!! Now don't make fun of me!!!  I'm trying.  I'm trying!!  Most likely I'll kick myself for even mentioning it but hey! it's what I'm endeavoring to do!!  Go me!!

**********************

So many things happening it seems!  I continue to study about the Holy Ghost and revelation/inspiration but I got side-tracked about social media.  I had decided to calm down and get on the bandwagon of social media and use it for good purposes, or just superglue my mouth shut.

As I mentioned before, that I was going to change, I did find my phone... I did plug it in...I did contact a granddaughter (on my landline) and left a message that I wanted to start doing facetime with her.  She was just heading to work so she said she'd contact me later.  What is the time lapse on later?

It keeps me hoppin' just trying to keep up with LDS.org!  It's so great with all they offer.

I also read on the Primary site that teachers should inspire and teach their students how to use phones in class.  I'm barely on my tablet but can download OT videos.  I need to learn to do that on my phone.

So...I'm going to go for it. -- learn to use my SmartyPantsPhone to access Church things so I can teach my class (actually they should be teaching me!!) and access Scriptures and learn to make notes and do facetime and try really hard to get off my always yelling about social media is killing communication.  I'm not saying I'll change my opinion but I will embrace and endeavor to move ahead with a gigantic leap.  (uh, step.  not leap!)

These two marvelous quotes really sealed the deal for me to use technology in a better way.  Click on either footnote and read the talk they are taken from.

As Elder Richard G. Scott(1928-2015) 
of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shared, 

“Technology,when understood and used for righteous purposes, need not be 
threat but rather an enhancement to spiritual communication.”2

***********

 In 1862, President Brigham Young (1801–77) taught: 

“Every discovery in science and art, that is really true and useful to mankind has been given by direct revelation from God. … It has been given with view to prepare the way for the ultimate triumph of truth, and the redemption of the earth from the power of sin and Satan. We should take advantage of all these great discoveries … and give to our children the benefit of every branch of useful knowledge, to prepare them to step forward and efficiently do their part in the great work.”1


**********************************

Just had to share a favorite quote.  I've loved this since she first said it!


Image may contain: text

No comments: