Monday, May 8, 2017

Birthday time!

Yesterday was my birthday and it was very nice.  On Saturday our son fixed a dinner and we played games afterwards.  I heard from all of my children....a daughter-in-law...some grandchildren and got a special necklace from my great-grand-daughter....Plus the YW sang Happy Birthday to me...and love notes from my Laurels...a little 7 year old sat by me and drew me all sorts of love notes...friends gave me cards...and phone calls...most surprising was the sweetest comments from people on Facebook.  I meant to tell my daughter to not put it out there and she had posted it.  I saw it in the afternoon.  I wonder...does FB just put that out there without asking?  It doesn't really matter because I enjoyed hearing from each person.  Friends that love me and friends that I love are right up there in the #1 slot of good feelings!!

I decided to celebrate by buying some new clothes (a couple of tops!) and getting my ears pieced again.  Finally.  My sister was bugging me for ages to get it done.  She even threatened to take back some earrings she gave me if I didn't get them redone.  It's been years!  I decided to make sure I did the deed before her one year death date arrives.

Did I follow through?  Partially.  I did go to the place, forgetting it was a Saturday/no school, slews of 8-10 year old girls holding onto their Mommy's hand.  The little girl in the chair looked terrified as the piercer prepared to shoot the lobe.  I asked the woman if she was the only clerk and she said yes. I said...I'll come back on Monday.  Truthfully, she was so on overload, I don't think she cared what I did.  Monday.  Yep.  I'm a gonna do it!!

****************************

My mind is just jam packed with thoughts.  I'm just so happy on so many levels about so many things.  I want to share what I started about things that are the base for my testimony and I've not done that.  I started it but didn't get back to it.  I will though as it feels so good to have grown in testimony, and understanding of things I've studied for so long.

Figuring out the puzzle pieces of testimony takes a lot of work and erasing of misconceptions and recalculating and I find it the most exciting thing ever! To realize that you feel a certainty, for a bit of understanding something that you have pondered and studied.  simple things but complex.  Wasn't it fantastic when we were all taught about the error of "accessing the atonement"?  You have heard me say that for ages.  my desire to understand and access "the atonement".  Starting to read that one book about the atonement and not being able to get into it.  And then to learn the atonement is not a stand alone thing that we access.  It's not THE Atonement that we access...it is Christs atonement.  it is His atonement.  my life is blessed because of what He did in His atoning sacrifice.  It was like a combination lock that I had twisted and twirled for years, trying to get it to click.  No matter how hard I tried it would never unlock.  Now that understanding is unlocked.  Now I can get off of the wrong ladder and study and grow with relieving myself of feeling I must,  I need, to learn how to access The Atonement.  Does that even make sense?  I'm getting way ahead of myself but really it's been such an amazing thing.  I shared this before about that youth face to face with President Eyring and Elder Holland.  AMAZING!!  I'm still on that high!!  Now I can move forward with my quest!

******************************

I'll simmer down and tell you that two of my granddaughters graduated from College yesterday!  Identical twins of my daughter.  One graduated in the morning and one in the afternoon.  I thought it was so wonderful that they each had their own graduation.  Today I talked to my daughter after they had finished with their open house for them.  She sounded so tired!  I told her how awesome it was that the girls got to attend each others graduation.

She agreed and then said...Momma, there were 1500 students in each graduation!  Each had music and speakers and I listened to 3000 individual names being read off!

I broke out laughing.  I never thought of that!  Who'd of thunk it?

They both graduated with honors!  such a fantastic accomplishment!

Pictures for your enjoyment.....


Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and hat
Tori...Jeanee...Cassie
Image may contain: 19 people, people standing and crowd
Cassie's graduation-1500 graduates!
Image may contain: one or more people, crowd and stadium
Tori's graduation-1500 graduates!

No comments: