Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Still birthday-ing!

It just seems like I keep feeling all celebratory!!  The granddaughters graduating from College and then surprise, surprise birthday notes keep coming in on FB!  I find it touching my heart deeply.

I heard from my friend since 6th grade (or is it 7th?)...from my friend that is oldest age wise (83?)...and then an assortment of all ages...cards made with love by 7 year old Brooklyn that sits with me at Church from time to time and then my Laurels and then all ages.  A huge assortment of ages!  I love every single person that remembered me whether it was FaceBook or any other form...I enjoyed it and appreciated it.

I thought a lot about memories that I have with each of the people.  At some time we shared a segment of life...maybe it was a hard time or a sad time or a happy time or an adventure of some sort...somehow or other we were involved in each others lives.  Involved in such a way that, even now, we are connected when we think of that specific shared special time.  There have been shared tears and always laughter enters in.  If I never ever had another birthday greeting for all of the years to come...I could relive these sentiments and feel so loved.  So complete.  So happy.

These associations are the blessing of active Gospel membership.  Somehow or other, with probably one exception, these are people that our lives are intertwined thorough Church association.  We have most likely served together in some Church auxiliary or served each other in some way and that has linked us for always!  We have some sort of specific unique bond and it makes us both happy and grateful to think about it!

I love these friends from past-times and now-times and you know I love you readers too.  You have become my friends too.  We too have a heart connection.

It's been a sweet birthday!  Very sweet!
**********************

I determined to get my ears pierced on Monday.  I went into Yakima to get the deed done!  Did I do it???  NO!  I decided to see if I could find a couple of more new tops.  So...I shopped.  No ear-holes! 

I've now moved it to Wednesday!  I am such a coward.  I had them pierced years and years ago and then one got sore and nasty and I just stopped wearing earrings and they sealed over.  

I'm really trying to pick up my self-care a notch and that is on my list.  I figure if I keep my hair trimmed/styled regularly (not waiting until it's so long I do my pinking-shears butcher job)...get my ears pierced and at least wear earrings...keep my nails polished (which I sort of do that most of the time but I have been known to let pale colors stay on to long and to someone with good vision I'm sure it's pretty grim to look at with chipped polish at times)...get some new clothes (not hundreds of things.  just some new things.  I'm not a shopper.  I've told you before, my sister, Dixie, got that gene and it was on steroids!  She loved shopping!!)  Bless Dixie's sweet memory...she gave me all sorts of her clothes in the hopes I'd go glam.  Never happened plus she looked divine in black and really, it's not my thing, nor is her classic look, so some of sissy's things will go buh-bye.

Usually, just before I go some place, I think in frantic mode...what shall I wear?!  I usually arrive feeling so not together!  The reality being...I'm not together!  everyone else looks so together!  So I'm trying to get my own act together!  I want to be so together that I don't have to think about it.  I don't like that feeling of not feeling comfy in my clothing and appearance.  I want to dress myself, poke earrings in those almost there holes, and not think another minute about me!  My friends are all so savvy!  They always look so good in how they dress.  

My clothes aren't worn out with holes and frays but even with faded vision I can see that a lot of them are dingy and well worn.  to well-worn in some cases.   Even my tennis shoes have stitching popped on the toes.  Now that is pathetic!  Plus...who wears tennis shoes for shoe shoes?  I do.  I need to pick it up a notch.  Maybe several notches!  

So you can see that I used the excuse and easy out and shopped and I didn't do the earring mini-torture today.  I will though.  I will.

Enough on the fashion segment!

***************************

A couple of more pictures of the girls graduation.  I'm still stunned to think of Jeanee sitting for two full programs and hearing those 3000 names read out loud!

Tassel explanation....
Green- college of health and public affairs...Tori- headed to grad school.  Pathologist???  I think.
Yellow- college of sciences-Cassie going to work at NASA & after 2 years will get her Masters?  I think. Maybe be accepted into the Masters program?
At this point they both have plans to get some more education.
I'm talking off the top of my head without clear facts.  sorry about that but it's just so exciting to me to see how hard they have worked for this.  They will be 21 in October.  20 years old.  wow!  I know formal college isn't for every young woman but it's so great when someone has that goal and does it!!
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
Tori/green tassel...Cassie/yellow tassel
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, hat and outdoor
Cassie
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, flower and outdoor
Tori

No comments: