Monday, May 22, 2017

MyLife...

Recently I posted about not judging.  Actually a couple of them.  Remember this one?  here

Saturday I went to the Temple.  Terry really encourages me to go as he feels the blessings when I attend and feels it in our home.  I feel so blessed when I go.

I saw something that I'd never seen before in the appearance of some patrons.

When I got out of the car, I could see a couple of photographers, and a wedding party that was just moving from the front of the Temple.  I was in hopes that I'd still be able to see them when I got over there and up the steps.  I was in luck!  The bride and groom were so adorable.  He was dressed in a dark suit.  She had on a lace gown.  I love beautiful lace!  this was gorgeous lace....a modest form fitting dress with a flared bottom.  Her bridesmaids were dressed in that skin-flattering blush color and they had fascinators for head pieces. So fun!  Beautiful flowers in the perfect colors for all of the girls.  Was that a purple iris nestled in there?  Bridesmaids dresses were short dresses with no sleeves. Sort of halter top neckline?  Gorgeous bridal gown was also sleeveless and a deep v'd neckline.  They were a group of absolutely beautiful young adults.

I remembered that article and thought to myself...what am I feeling?  It was confusing to me, to have a sleeveless gown for your Temple wedding and your attendants.  Obviously this happens elsewhere and hence that article that I so enjoyed here. I wondered what her Mother felt.  I wondered about the shopping trip.  I wondered about the young women who admired her.  I wondered about other people in her life.  On this subject-I really did think that we all felt the same about sleeves on a Temple wedding dress.

I felt thankful I could see their beauty and also knew this was something that was not any of my business...including wondering how others felt about it!

**********************

The Temple was packed and chairs were in the aisle.  My aisle seat put my line of vision on the first several rows of men.  Sitting side by side were two young men.  One was very fair skinned...blond hair and really, was he growing whiskers yet?  Had he even shaved once in his life?  The other was ruddy complexion with auburn hair.  His full beard was trimmed to about an inch or so.  His hair was pulled back and in a maybe 6"+ pony tail.

When I entered the Celestial Room, the auburn-ed hair young man, was standing alone by the only empty chair in the back.  I wanted to sit there and pray a bit so I headed over.  I told him that I was glad he was in the Temple because the Church needs strong young men.  I also told him that his Mother would be so happy that he was in the Temple.  He had a beautiful smile and I felt protective towards him.

My protective feelings surfaced because of hoping/praying that someday my son, with tattoos, will go to the Temple.  I don't want him judged in any way.

**************************

Well, there you go.  The times they are a changin' and that is the truth.  I thought about this Temple experience on my hour drive home.

**************************************

(Below--I didn't post this before.  I wrote it when I posted that not judging etc. post.  then I backed out of sharing.  I want to share it now)

I know of Mothers that strive to protect their inactive children for fear of them being judged and rejected by faithful members of the Church.  It's a harsh reality.  I am familiar with that scenario.  Unfortunate but it is a part of my life and others also. That article by a YSA Bishop really hit home and his observation and counsel is right on target.

One of my son's live in Utah.  He is not active.  He is caught up in some of the lies in Church History  and all of that.  He told me a couple of weeks ago that he mentions me in conversation and tells people that I love him unconditionally and it can be done.  I assume he meant active parents can truly love their inactive/against the Church children.  Lots of struggles, with heartbreak/heartache... with children against Church and parents against children.  

True...I do love him.  also true...I don't want him judged in any way shape or form.  I have to learn to trust Church people more and assume they will love him also.  That does not always happen.  So I'm leery.

He posted a picture on FB, from a family reunion several years ago, and for some reason it really touched me.  I'm not sure if it was the stark contrast of the two of us watching our family, on the lake at McCall, at our family reunion or if it was the simple sentence he wrote.

Unconditional Love...  Nancy Seljestad.... you're the best! Happy Mother's Day!!! I love you. oxoxo

Years ago his sister took a picture of Terry's flexed-arm/hand-holding his Grandfathers wrench.  Dave loved that picture and has one framed and hanging in his home.  He also had it tattooed on his chest, out of love of his Dad and wanting him close and to never forget him.  It is a gigantic tattoo. Yes.  I was stunned.  Yet I'm still Mama Bear to my cub!

Image may contain: 1 person, hat

No comments: