Friday, May 5, 2017

This is just a test.....

Are you in love with your phone?  There is a test in this New York Times article...take it and find out if you are!

    Take the phone test....here

I do not have a cell phone!  I'm a dinosaur!!  Every person that I know and love has a cell phone...well, adults do.  And practically every teen I know has one.  Even younger kiddos have them.

I see phones everywhere.  When people are visiting you see them lose interest in what is being said in conversation and doing what they must consider the invisible downward glance.  It's an interesting phenomena.

Last summer I remember the workers sorting cherries at the warehouse down the road were on a break.  They streamed out of the building, all decked out in their white head coverings and full length white aprons.  Most were wearing dark long sleeved sweat shirts and dark pants.  They were a large crowd...standing outdoors, heads bowed, arms crooked and hands holding their phones.  I was struck how they looked like penguins with their posture.  (I want to take a picture this year!)

Do you think you are addicted?  How on earth do you rein in your children?  Or is it just not a problem at all?

Shall we talk cellphones and teens at Church?  As a teacher...there are times I've asked them to put the phone away.

Technology is so wonderful and even though I'm not savvy...I do enjoy the benefits so much.

Full disclosure...I do have a little trac phone that I use for traveling.  I don't have the number memorized and right now it has no service.  I do think I need it as my hubby wants to make sure I'm not stranded without a phone and I feel the same way!!
******************************

Image result for Funny Cell Phone Jokes





No comments: