Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Feeling thankful

I'm still enjoying just thinking about what I know to be Gospel Truths.  Still enjoying the fact that I ended up on earth in The Last Days.  When I joined the Church, eons ago, there was always someone that would mention we were in The Last Days.  I took this to mean that the world as we know it might end tomorrow in some big burning.  I would hear people talk about paying your fire insurance and the topic would change to the merits of tithing.  This sort of talk always left me feeling less than uplifted as if a sense of foreboding hung in the air.  It left a scary feeling as people talked. Gloom and doom!

I have come to look on The Last Days with gratitude...amazement and yes, even joy plus fascination and curiosity in watching as things unfold!  I'm so thankful that my earth day assignment is now!  The entirety of the Gospel is here!  It has been restored and it's not going to be wiped out as in other times.  It's here for the duration.  The Last Days signify to me that time is winding down, prophecies being fulfilled as foretold, and I'm here to see so much and do so much.

I find it fascinating to watch, even though there is such evil/darkness around.  I love seeing the Gospel light shine brighter.  We are going to be able to help so many people find peace!  Remember in Isaiah where it tells that people will even say..let's go up to Zion.  for peace.  (bad me for not looking up scripture reference and saying it as is, instead of as felt!)

These words of President Hinckley in April General Conference really touched me.  I loved hearing the words I made bold.
************************

Do we really comprehend, do we understand the tremendous significance of that which we have? This is the summation of the generations of man, the concluding chapter in the entire panorama of the human experience.
We of this generation are the end harvest of all that has gone before. It is not enough to simply be known as a member of this Church. A solemn obligation rests upon us. Let us face it and work at it. 
We must live as true followers of the Christ, with charity toward all, returning good for evil, teaching by example the ways of the Lord, and accomplishing the vast service He has outlined for us.
**********************
I find it amazing to be here at this time in the earth's existence.  Thankful.  For sure!  I like the fact that you & I are strong enough to be born in the end harvest and accomplish our individual responsibilities in this winding up scene!  We can do this!
President Hinckley's quotes are from the RS Manual... here
I blogged a bit about how exciting I find the last days... here

No comments: