Thursday, April 7, 2016

The search...

My church membership has been such an interesting journey to me.  I feel like joining brought with it an opportunity to grow and learn on so many levels...about God, about others and that includes myself.

Sometimes I feel like I am sorting through a 5 gallon bucket of Lego's, to get the object built, that I'm desiring.  Desiring to either become a certain way or understand a doctrine and incorporate it in my life.

Sometimes I feel like I have all the pieces to a circular puzzle which is shaded with one muted color and no particular details outstanding and yet each an intricate necessary part of the whole.

Mostly I feel the challenges of life, and the blessings of life, and the security of life and everything of life is found right here in my Gospel membership.

Plus I always believe that we all have to learn the same thing as we were all at the meeting when The Plan was presented and accepted by each of us.

I love to learn and grow in the gospel. 

All of that being said...you know that I'm on a quest and right now I'm focusing on the doctrine of Grace.  I feel the need for that enabling power and am trying to figure out how to access it.  I have confidence this is possible as I remember the desire I had to grow in prayer.  First I had to learn to pray and then when prayers were suggested (private/family/blessing food etc. etc.) and then how to access God through prayer.  I wanted to hear back...to have confidence I was heard and then to recognize answers which then led me into desire of the Holy Ghost and taking that learning journey.

It's like I learn the basics and then desire to figure out how to take full advantage of what is available...full advantage as far as where I am at any given point.  When I get used to that, so to speak, at some point I want/need more. 

So I never know all there is to know about anything but I know enough to enjoy what I have...until...I want/need more!

Skeletal sketch....extremely skeletal... like bare bones!
Grace is tied in with the Atonement.  Perhaps it is the Atonement?
The Atonement has 2 Sections. 
Section 1-Resurrection...freely given.
Section 2- Part A: gift of being able to be forgiven of sins through repentance. 
                 Part B: an invitation of sufficient grace, sufficient enabling power, to overcome personal    
                             weaknesses.

Section 2.  Part B.  that is what I want in my life.  that is what I'm figuring out. 

Those are just my thoughts and feelings.  I won't flesh this out with what I've been reading in manuals and talks but now you know the bare bones (sorry.  it just popped out!)  I'm almost ready to start reading some of the books I have in a pile!!

In the meantime...mortality moves along with challenges like all are prone to.  today we are celebrating a full nights sleep  for the first time in a month!  (it seems like a year!)  I did share that Terry fell into the piano and broke 2 ribs...went to ER after the fact...lots of pain in stomach etc. etc. and well, you get the picture.  lots of challenging misery but there is light at the end of this tunnel and we are thankful for that. 

Thankful for the Gospel, our testimonies, and General Conference that was so grand on so many levels.

Me being brave...going to Dentist today.  Yes...I have anxiety Rx to take prior to entering torture chamber. Son, will take his decrepit old Mum, who is having her teeth cleaned and 2 fillings (one for chipped tooth and then a small cavity, on a tooth that has had a root canal already so it won't hurt!)  Coward of the year award...drum-roll....me!!!!

No comments: