Friday, November 6, 2015

Thinking...

The new Church directive on children of  homosexuals made me cry.  Just so sad to me.  So sad.  How on earth this will be dealt with by all of us just breaks my heart.  I have said before that my belief is the entire gay issue will be divisive in the Church and this just makes it more so!!  I never saw this coming.  Did you?

I'm thinking back on what President Nelson said at our recent General Conference about the need for strong women in the Church.  I remembered him saying attacks against Church doctrine will increase and strong women are needed.  I want to be a strong woman.  Right now I feel vulnerable and soft.  I will need to find my will of iron that brings me up to par.  How on earth can any of this be explained?  Explained to adults, much less children.  And teens!!!  Oh, wow!

Am I still a believer in the Church that I love?  yes.  Do I still believe in Apostles and Prophets and that this is the Lord's Church and He directs it?  yes.  yes, I do.

The news...  here and here

Elder Nelson- A Plea to My Sisters here

The part I remembered from that talk...

Attacks against the Church, its doctrine, and our way of life are going to increase. Because of this, we need women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ and who will use that understanding to teach and help raise a sin-resistant generation.12 We need women who can detect deception in all of its forms. We need women who know how to access the power that God makes available to covenant keepers and who express their beliefs with confidence and charity. We need women who have the courage and vision of our Mother Eve.

No comments: