Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Onward...

So life goes on and things move ahead and we either stay on the track, holding to the rod or we fall into an abyss, mostly of our own excavating!  True, I'm sad for the suffering of anyone for any reason (Church-wise or otherwise) but also true...The Church!  I enjoy the specifics of our Church name...not a Church but The Church.  Pronouncing it thee Church to give it emphasis and setting it apart as The one and only true Church of Jesus Christ.  He referenced it as MY Church and then named it THE Church.  I do believe it is The one and only true Church.

Also true...there are living Apostles on the earth and they speak the mind and will of the Lord.  I do believe that is true.

There are all sorts of scriptures citing these couple of subjects.  We can find scriptures to back up all Church teachings including referencing Conference Reports.  The core of my testimony isn't found in the abundance of scriptural proof available.  The heart, of all this written/spoken evidence, is the Spirit bearing testimony to me, of the truth, of all that data.  Line upon line.  Precept upon precept.  Here a little.  There a little.  Building my faith and testimony with rock solid bits of mortar, in varying shapes and sizes that are held together with my personal conviction.  With each stone, even pebble-size, laid on my foundational belief in Jesus Christ, I become more converted.

I re-read the changes in Handbook 1...  not what others said or are saying but what is actually there in the original document.  One thing I already see, popularly misconstrued, is children having to disavow their homosexual parents.  It does not say that.  They do, when 18 or over, and seeking membership or wanting to serve a mission, disavow the practice of homosexual marriage.  NOT disavow their parents.

Now I will watch how this latest subject unfolds and continue to unashamedly/unapologetically enjoy my Church membership. Endeavoring to feel the Spirit and move on with examining-- how does one truly raise a sin-resistant generation-- as we were counseled by Elder Nelson?  I want to be involved with that effort.  How does that happen??  How can these young ones be trained to accomplish obedience, without standing in judgement of others, with conditional love?  How do we teach unconditional love to children?  Lots to think about.

Funny thinking, isn't it?  Me, with no little ones here, thinking I want to help all women that have young children in their homes or Aunties with nieces/nephews nearby or those privileged Grannies that have grand-babes close at hand.  But ...even me with a totally empty nest, strongly feel-- even I can do something to help the children that cross my path.  Just when I think I'm becoming less Co-d...I confess my desire to help the entire world!! 

Doctrine and Covenants 115:3

3 And also unto my faithful servants who are of the high council of my church in Zion, for thus it shall be called, and unto all the elders and people of my Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, scattered abroad in all the world;

Doctrine and Covenants 115:4

4 For thus shall my church be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Doctrine and Covenants 1:38

38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
 

No comments: