Monday, November 16, 2015

I like life!!

There is something so magical about being in a place or attending an event where everyone is there because they want to be there and the feeling in the air is filled with anticipation for specialness.  I felt that in Hawaii when we were at Oahu and touring the PCC, seeing the Temple, seeing the University and shopping/sightseeing at the Ala Moana mall (Then hyped as the largest mall in the world).  Everyone was in such a festive state.  Happy and excited and laughing and soaking up the good time along with the weather and beaches.  No clocks in sight!

I've seen that at Leavenworth.  I've seen that in downtown Seattle and Pikes Place.  I've seen that at Disney world in Orlando.

Almost any place I've gone, with a degree of preparation on my part, has always met and usually surpassed all my expectations of enjoyment.  The memories stack up and are so wonderful to reminisce about.

I've felt similar emotions at our McCall family reunions or even on a smaller level of involvement when family comes for a holiday or even just a visit.  That good feeling is there whether a few or many are here.  Anticipated get-togethers have special-ness all around the venue...be it far away or the back yard.

Church events are that way to me also.  (I even get a charge out Sacrament meetings!)  Saturday I had the chance to attend our Stake Woman's Conference.  It lasted for 2 hours.  Counting travel time...around 3 hours.  A morning gone.  It was worth neglecting whatever was pressing in my life and made it to my to-do list (it never becomes my all-done list!).  The value of attendance, at anything, vacation/stay-cation, far away or near at hand, events/programs/concerts/conferences--is being awash with feelings that cannot be felt when described.  No matter how marvelous/amazing/impressive/tender/spiritual the feelings we experience within our soul...we can only tell.  we cannot impart the actual feeling, to where our description makes someone actually feel what we did.  The program was well prepared and the speakers and music were just amazing/fantastic/tear-making wonderful!  The cello!!  The Pianist!  The singers!  The speakers!  It was strengthening and motivating and made feelings of gratitude for Church membership and being an LDS female really grow!  I felt the peace and strength and faith and dedication and determination of these women and it strengthened me to be the best me I can be!

***************
Next subject.  I was serious, when peace descended on me about the homosexual talk...I realized I really want to do my part, whatever it is, to strengthen young girls.  I ordered two books and they arrived and I took them to my Laurel class today.  They are about strong women in the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  These teen girls have to be strong also!  I also ordered a Fisher-Price Nativity set and have one other set I'm looking at.  I also bought a beautiful stable-like creche for the set.  What am I going to do with these things???  That is the question in my mind also.

I was looking for a book that doesn't exist so I'm thinking maybe I'll write a book for children.  I think it's needed. I can at least jot down the ideas and rough draft it! 

A young girl is coming to visit in the afternoon and I'm going to wrangle a gospel discussion somehow or other with this little kindergartener.

Sin-Resistant children.  That phrase just stays in my mind from President Nelson's conference talk. I want to do my part.

Elder Nelson- A Plea to My Sisters here

Attacks against the Church, its doctrine, and our way of life are going to increase. Because of this, we need women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ and who will use that understanding to teach and help raise a sin-resistant generation.12 We need women who can detect deception in all of its forms. We need women who know how to access the power that God makes available to covenant keepers and who express their beliefs with confidence and charity. We need women who have the courage and vision of our Mother Eve.

(I want to be like this!!!  I guess this is way to long for a mantra!!!)

***********************************

PS- I think my sister is doing better.  My daughter's MIL is settling in the home they put her in and she is doing better in adjusting.  Hubby, my sweetster!, seems to be better also!  I'll embrace and enjoy this interlude, in this area of my life, for as long as it lasts!! 

Also...I can't figure out how to put pictures on here after my computer got "fixed"!





No comments: