Friday, November 20, 2015

Seeking Balance

No.  I did not fall off the face of the earth.  Just took a dip in one of those valleys of life that we all go through and am just coming back into the fresh air after a climb out of the muck and mire.

My sister is not doing well.  But that isn't what threw me for a loop.  Just life and an accumulation of finding fault with myself over my inadequacies.  Thank heavens for the Gospel, my testimony, my darling hubby who suggests that he wants to give me a blessing, prayer, and Temple and friends, that don't even realize how valuable they are to me.  Aren't words spoken just magical?  well, when the words spoken are in the tone of kindness and love.  You know what I mean.  Anyhow...on with the life, that I do continue to love, after a brief pity party.  Waaahh!!    Over and done.

**************************

Remember when school started and the first few days were over and in our first Sunday, all of the Laurels were exhausted and school had just started!?  I see these girls overdoing and filled to the max with comings and goings.  They seem to have no downtime and not much relaxing family time.  Something has to happen and have a slow down pace for them.  They just can't keep on like this.  And their Mom's!!  They are on the run also keeping all the plates on poles spinning and not wanting any to drop!  This recent talk expresses my feelings of concern!!  Fantastic counsel for all of us.   Take a bit of your time and read it and see what grabs your heart.  You won't regret the time spent reading and it will help, no matter the age of your children or even if you have no children...you will benefit!!

 Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: “Keeping Our Balance”         here

 

No comments: